The KSWO Mobile Weather App includes:
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
*Press location in top bar to change, edit and add locations
*In the left menu for changing locations, press the 3 dots next to the location to edit location settings and make a location capable of receiving push notifications.
Visual Map Enhancements
*New color palette makes it easier to see the difference between map-based alerts
More Information Available on the Map
*Pressing on map based Alerts will show the bulletin text
*Pressing on Storm Tracks outlines possible storm threats
*Pressing on Earthquakes or Tropical Tracks provides more detail than ever before
Ratings and Reviews
Good but now disappointed.
I have used the kswo first alert app for years now. I absolutely loved the feature to be able to track the storms and the tornados. I absolutely hate this new update and wish you would consider redoing it back to the radar. Everything else in the update is AMAZING I do not like the new layout nor the new look of the feature on the radar in the new update.
I appreciate this app so much- it works beautifully no matter what location I put in. I travel a lot and I like to view possible storms and other kinds of weather conditions that may interrupt traveling safely or any plans I may have made. The live radar is awesome- you can enlarge it to show a general pattern and direction or pinpoint your exact location, which was invaluable during a time that a tornado “visited” our neighborhood.
Good for severe weather, annoying for everything else
I like the notifications for the very severe weather SW OK can get, but the constant lightning has been detected near my location at 2 am, 3am and 4am gets old really quick. Especially since I’ve turned off the notifications for those kinds of things within the app, but they notify me anyways. Not bad overall but still needs some improvement
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.