Hello Oklahomans! The Mesonet app brings a host of Oklahoma weather information right to your phone, including data from the award-winning Oklahoma Mesonet, forecasts, radar and severe weather advisories. Get fast access to the same info that the experts use!
- Get live weather observations from 120 Mesonet weather stations across the state.
- Use your iPhone's built-in GPS to determine the closest weather station to your location.
- Check out 5-day forecasts for 120 locations across Oklahoma, updated every hour with the latest National Weather Service products.
- Access maps of air temperature, rainfall, winds, dew point, humidity, soil temperature, soil moisture, pressure, solar radiation, satellite, and upper air.
- View advisories for severe weather, fire weather, flooding, high wind, heat, winter storms, frost/freeze, ice, snow, and visibility.
- Animate the most recent NEXRAD radar data from the Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Frederick, Enid, and other radars surrounding Oklahoma.
- Read the Mesonet Ticker news feeds.
The Oklahoma Mesonet is a joint project of Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma.
- Added support for Dark Mode.
- Added a timestamp to Mesonet Widget.
- Contacts now work properly for e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook
- Found and fixed some bugs that affected stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app but on the most recent update, the app crashes when you click on the maps button.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the stability issues. We found some areas in the code that had the potential to crash and have hopefully addressed them with the release of version 2.0.3.
If the app still crashes after update, try a clean update by deleting the app off the phone, then reinstalling from the app store.
Let us know either way, as it will help us make the Mesonet app better.
LOVE MY MESONET!
Have had this awesome, informative, comprehensive and stable app since it was born ~ 8-9 years ago.
It's Oklahoma's brightest star!
I have never had an issue with loading, image quality, accuracy, radar or anything.
Great basic radar, both local and statewide.
So much info and data available!
It's a great help for farmers (soil temps and moisture at various depths, and a lot more), ranchers (cows deserve to know their comfort zone for the day) & weather enthusiasts (me) :-))))...
It's like having a little weather almanac in my pocket!
The TICKER is so entertaining!
I love the way Dr. M. is able to weave humor, cartoons and storytelling in with factual information about long term forecasting, drought monitoring, providing teachable moments about global weather, not to mention upcoming changes to local weather events and preparedness.
I'm so very proud of the enormous amount of ongoing research done at the Norman Center. The Open House events are my favorite days of the year! Thanks for being here for me. Thanks to the Tinker for all the entertainment and giggles you have given me!
Don't ever change! You are true professionals working around the clock to get it right.
Thank you for your commitment to your ongoing research and advancements made in severe storms prediction leading to increased warning times which is saving lives everywhere tornadoes occur.
Your remarkable work is greatly appreciated and I thank you.
ITS A FREE APP!
Maps Page Crashes App
I have always liked and used this app, but after updating a few weeks ago to the most recent update, the app crashes when trying to access the Maps page. Tried sending email to developer before doing this review, but no response.
Developer contacted me and advised the fix is to delete the app and reinstall it. That worked and the app is working properly now. Changed rating. This is a 5 star app when working correctly.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Oklahoma Mesonet
- 26 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.