From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Lansing State Journal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.lansingstatejournal.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• We've included some bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app but no mention of subscription requirement!
I downloaded this thinking the $1 would be all that’s needed however after a couple articles I am now locked out from viewing any more unless I subscribe for $7.99 a month. I was planning on actually paying for a subscription (as the content is usually good enough) until I was forced to and I found out how overpriced it is. I guess I’ll just continue using add blocker and reading online. You lost a customer here and will continue losing add revenue due to add blocker! Too bad I actually enjoyed the LSJ.
Once they get you signed up it’s darn near impossible to unsubscribe. If you call the 1-800 number, which is outsourced, they’ll say it’ll take a few days but it never gets done. However, I do enjoy the news at my fingertips but when I want my subscription cancelled I don’t want to go through unnecessary changes to have it done. I’m still currently trying!
Update: Six months later and they are still sending me a bill and I first cancelled in January, not to mention numerous times afterwards. They should do better.
Handy app for local news
I’m enjoying having access to updated news on demand. We also get physical Sunday newspaper which I’ve missed for the past few years. Glad to be back
- 287 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Lansing State Journal Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.