Librista delivers powerful and productive searching of your library’s online catalog. Use the Library Locator to connect to your library’s database in one of the following ways: either allow access to your location to automatically see libraries near you that use Atriuum, or manually search for your library.
* Search for items and view popular/new items right from the home screen.
* Find books, DVDs, CDs, and other physical items.
* View online resources from OverDrive or other providers as applicable.
* See the library’s latest news and messages, hours, contact information, etc.
* Customize search results using sort and filter options.
* Reserve items, save titles in a list, or set up notifications for similar items from search results or item details.
* Log on to view a dashboard of your current items, manage lists, discover if you owe fines, update account info, and more.
* Switch between library catalogs if you sometimes visit different libraries in your area.
Added barcode scanner in search bar
Added language switcher in menu
Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Looks better, but functionality is poor post update.
The app used to make it simple to add to and create book lists. The option to add a book to a specific list is such a cumbersome process now. The app is also slow and glitchy often. I have a lot of lists as a homeschool mom who takes full advantage of checking out books from our library. I also sent an email to the developer detailing what I hope are only kinks that will be worked out quickly! I need Librista to function like it used to, with the new look as a bonus.
A new issue has cropped up
I updated the app and while the look has improved, the functionality has rendered it almost useless. Every time I try to click on book details, I get stuck in an endless loading loop. Right now all I seem to be able to do is search for items and see if they’re available or not. I can reserve an item, but canceling them requires going to the dashboard and canceling them all. I don’t have items checked out right now so have no idea how renewing them might go.
Update: The above issues did get better, although now I have no idea if they were all resolved or I just learned to deal with them. I have cards for two local libraries. Somehow I got logged out of Librista while accessing my secondary library and when I tried switching libraries, I was unable to do so as the app started trying to use location services to bring up the list of local libraries (another change I dislike-I only need the two I have credentials for.) I also was unsure what my login was—was it a separate login, or did I use my library credentials? I foolishly deleted the app and reinstalled it, and now I can’t log in at all, as it is perpetually stuck on the location screen. Allowing us to search for our libraries instead would be preferable, especially for those who may have access to a library outside of where they live.
Stopped working completely
This was a 5 star app until recently. I, like others, am having the same problem where the app is frozen on “locating library” screen and won’t stop attempting to load. There’s no way to back out of it or move forward. I’ve deleted and reinstalled several times to no avail. If this issue is resolved, I’ll update my review. It was a fantastic app until it crashed.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BOOK SYSTEMS INC
- 107.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Book Systems