Litterati is an app that is empowering individuals to make a significant, measurable impact on the environment.
Far more than just picking up litter, the worldwide community of Litterati users are building the most powerful crowd-sourced set of data on litter ever assembled.
This data is being used to:
* Help cities better utilize their waste management services
* Convince companies to change their operations to be more sustainable
* Arm individuals and organizations with proof to create government policy changes
Litterati also shows you the map of your personal positive impact on the environment
You can join global cleanup challenges as well as create challenges in your community where your friends, family, neighbors, school system, or co-workers can join together to make your area healthy, clean, & beautiful.
This planet that we call home is a big place to keep clean. We all need to play our part.
Here is how the Litterati app works....
When you see a piece of litter on the ground:
(1) Take a photo of it through the camera in the Litterati App
(we call this a LitterPic)
(2) Litterati will automatically geo-tag the photo for you so that the litter is accurately captured
(3) Our LitterAI tool will automatically assess what the litter is by adding "tags" to each LitterPic. This is to accurately categorize each piece of litter.
You can also upload the photos to the Litterati database directly from your phone's photo gallery as well if you'd prefer.
Once you've taken your first LitterPic, you can begin to track your personal impact as well as the total impact of the Litterati community
Join the global Litterati community today to be a part of over 150,000 people in over 117 countries around the world in the combined effort to clean up our planet!
- Be sure to keep your app updated to get the latest features from Litterati!
- Made "Log Out" easier to find. You can now find it under the main profile screen.
- Partner Challenges can include a Website link if Partner includes it in the dashboard.
- Correction to the tagging taxonomy where previously two words (like "bottle cap") would be accepted as a single tag. With this release, each word is a tag (typing "bottle cap" would tag as "bottle" and "cap").
- Various bug fixes, including fixes for user settings were not always saved and occasional duplicate images uploaded.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is fantastic! One aspect it seems to be missing is viewing the photos other people took in their area, or at least the updated geotag map in the app itself instead of only online. I feel like this could be used to build a better community. Maybe even have a “badge” system to spark motivation could be incorporated. People love positive reinforcement. Anyways I’m sure you get plenty of suggestions but I figured I’d give a few more. Keep up the great work!!
Best app ever!
I love Litterati! Before downloading the app, I had never even thought of going out and picking up trash, or even picking up trash that I walked by! The map feature to tell where you picked up the trash, as well as the leaderboard make this app amazing! I do have a few suggestions, though. First of all, on the leaderboard where it shows how much trash the top countries have picked up, I think you should be able to click on the country and see where the trash was picked up. You can do this with the people on the leaderboard, but sadly not the countries. Also, I’m pretty sure when you go to the global litter map online, it doesn’t show where all of the trash is being picked up like before. I think this is a glitch, but you might want to get it checked out.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the wonderful review and the feedback. We've made a note and we'll see how we can incorporate it in the app.
Don’t be a Litterbug! No worries-There’s an awesome app for that.
Back in the 1950’s and 1960’s, a campaign was created in response to a huge litter problem. People threw their garbage out car windows with little thought to where that litter would end up. In the public’s defense, back in the 50’s and 60’s, they were not aware of the huge devastating effects litter would have on the environment. It is 2020, and we have have known for years, just how litter has poisoned our world. It is up to us to be the stewards of the world that we leave to future generations. Let us keep Our World clean and healthy. A clean and litter free world is a beautiful world. Let’s do it! It’s not that hard! In fact, there’s an App for that. It’s called Litterati!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. We are so glad you are enjoying the app. If we can help with anything, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great day! Please also recommend our app to your friends :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Litterati Inc.
- 127.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Litterati, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.