"I have tried them all and this is my and my kids favorite tracing app bar none!"
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over. Little Writer is a tracing app that's done just right. Little Writer is super fun and so easy to use that your kids will think letter tracing is a game vs. a boring chore.
EXCLUSIVE PRO FEATURES
• Support for landscape and portrait mode
• Ability to add custom word categories
• Ability to turn categories ON and OFF via settings page
• Custom ABC phonics category
• Custom "A is for..." category with examples such as "A is for ant."
• Ability to customize tracing paths so if you have a left handed kid or other unique requirements no problem
• Ability to select different fonts so kids learn to write and recognize letters in multiple styles
WHY PARENTS AND TEACHERS LOVE THIS APP
• The app is so easy to use that even toddlers will enjoy playing with
• The app is beautifully designed and just a joy to look at and use
• You can turn individual items ON or OFF and introduce one letter at a time based on the player skills
• You can customize everything - record your own language or add your own words
• Adding pictures and names of family and friends to write is a hit with every child
• The app also includes a collection of basic shapes to draw since handwriting require the same core skills
• The app comes preloaded with dozens of three and four letter words to write
WHY KIDS WILL LOVE IT TOO
• This app is just FUN.
• Tracing the along the lines and collecting all the apples and fishes is a pure joy for every child
• Gorgeous graphics and cute sounds keep kids begging for more
• Kids love hearing everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
• The app is super easy to use for kids of all ages and abilities.
• ABC uppercase letters
• abc lowercase letters
• Numbers 1 to 100 (only 1 to 20 are turned ON by default)
• 20 basic shapes including lines, circles, rectangles and more
• Dozens of 3 and 4 letter words to make practice more enjoyable and interesting
• Ability to add an unlimited number of your own words and pictures for maximum enjoyment and variety
• Trace all setting - when "Trace all" is turned on, users need to trace all letters on one page which makes it more like writing words
• Supports EASY / MED / HARD setting. EASY setting is more forgiving. HARD setting hides dots on tracing path for added difficulty
• 5 unique fonts including Chalkboard, BradleyHand, Futura, Helvetica, and MarkerFelt
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Added support for latest iOS versions
- Added support for latest iOS devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Helping 3 Year with Alphabet and Early Writing Skills
Overall, this app seems to be helping 3yo learn her ABC’s and seems to promote early writing skills as she learns the shapes of the letters. We’re just doing the alphabet right now, but I’ve looked at the app’s other features (numbers, phonics sounds, and more) and I think she’ll benefit from those too once we get there. The app keeps her preoccupied whenever I have to make her lunch, go to the bathroom, etc.
I love that the app lets you make custom recordings to replace the default ones. She gets so excited when she hears her own voice telling her the names of letters or my voice saying “GREAT JOB!!” whenever she finishes lol.
My only slight frustrations are that it’s not always user friendly. Specifically, I wish there was a “skip” button that could be pressed instead of swiping to skip to a new letter. Sometimes when 3yo is trying to drag her finger to trace, the app interprets it as a swiping motion and switches to a new letter. When that happens, her progress on the previous letter is lost so she has to start over to finish or just move on without getting the satisfaction of completion. It’s possible to toggle swiping off in the settings, but if swiping is disabled there is (so far as I can tell) no way to skip to a new letter. That’s frustrating because sometimes she gets stuck on a tricky letter and will then just give up since there’s no way to continue without finishing the letter.
Love It !!! I am an OT
I work with Special ED preschoolers and this is a great app. It helps my kid’s sensory perception, especially when I use the Ergo Stylus with the built in pencil grip. They love it and then they want to write. Simple app that does a great job helping kids love to learn to draw and write.
Cannot Access Settings, lowercase letters not correct size
The three finger tap control pops up to access their other apps (works) and the settings (does not work). Also, the lowercase letters are not the right size on the lines, the b, f and d for example, do not extend to the top line of the writing staff. I like that the app says the letter out loud so many times but without access to settings I can’t do much to customize and have no way to see if it can adjust for a leftie. Certain letters are written differently by left handed kids and other writing apps we have allow you to switch to leftie mode.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Innovative Mobile Apps Ltd
- 44.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Alligator Apps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.