"I have tried them all and this is my and my kids favorite tracing app bar none!"
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over.
Little Writer is a tracing app that's done just right. Little Writer is super fun and so easy to use that your kids will think letter tracing is a game vs. a boring chore.
WHY PARENTS AND TEACHERS LOVE THIS APP
● The app is so easy to use that even toddlers will enjoy playing with
● The app is beautifully designed and just a joy to look at and use
● You can turn individual items ON or OFF and introduce one letter at a time based on the player skills
● You can customize everything - record your own language or add your own words
● Adding pictures and names of family and friends to write is a hit with every child
● The app also includes a collection of basic shapes to draw since handwriting require the same core skills
● The app comes preloaded with dozens of three and four letter words to write
WHY KIDS WILL LOVE IT TOO
● This app is just FUN.
● Tracing the along the lines and collecting all the apples and fishes is a pure joy for every child
● Gorgeous graphics and cute sounds keep kids begging for more
● Kids love hearing everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
● The app is super easy to use for kids of all ages and abilities.
● ABC uppercase letters
● abc lowercase letters
● Numbers 1 to 10
● 20 basic shapes including lines, circles, rectangles and more
● Dozens of 3 and 4 letter words to make practice more enjoyable and interesting
● Ability to add an unlimited number of your own words and pictures for maximum enjoyment and variety
● Additional letters for foreign language characters. Just go to settings to turn additional characters on and record their sound
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed settings bug that was preventing changes from being saved for some users
Ratings and Reviews
great app, lefty adaptations?
this is a great app. my son has autism and he has a very difficult time imitating people writing or tracing letters, lines, or shapes. however he understood the concept of this app and follows the tracing very well. he gets a big smile on his face when he finishes a shape or word. he's proud of himself and i'm proud of him too :)
only problem: my son is left handed and for the letter "o" he would like to make the stroke clockwise instead of counterclockwise, but the app marks that as "incorrect" and makes him restart tracing the letter. It'd be great if there can be a "left handed option" here but "o" is the only letter that my son consistently would get "wrong." the stroke also affects letters like b, d, p, g but i dont know if theres a preferred way leftys write those letters that might be different from rightys. (im a righty and my son is a very inexperienced lefty so i dont know much about leftys)
We have a 4 year old who is in a school that really stresses early writing. While she's ahead in many areas, she struggles with her writing and pencil grip. Developmentally, she's fine, but as one of the youngest kids in her class, she's a little behind her class peers in this skill.
We have been working with her, but she would be frustrated by our constant little corrections like "the A needs a diagonal, not a straight line". But this app is great because it does those little corrections automatically. And we gave her a stylus to use, so she's figuring out a proper grip gives her better control.
All in all, we are very happy. Our daughter loves it, as do we. We are going to start letting her 2 year old brother use it on the iPad so the letters are very large while our daughter uses it on the iPhone so the letters are smaller and require better control.
Another great alligator app
Really like this one, have a few suggestions. Try brighter colors for the shapes, and after each one is drawn, slowly fill in the shape so the entire shape is visualized. You could also show the name of each shape in lower case, block style letters, like with the spelled words. Change the font on the letters to get away from that little upcurl on the end of so many. Use zaner bloser block style. Include more options for picking things up besides just the truck, pig eating apples, etc., with different backgrounds.
Your apps are the best! With a little tweaking, they could be even better.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.