The WJW Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
WHY would you make two separate apps, one for news and the other weather? It’s just more clutter on the phone. Also WHY would you make the two app icons virtually identical? WHY wouldn’t you keep all of the great features of the weather when it was in the news app? WHY would you make the video so small? This is my first review ever. I felt strongly enough about this crappy app that I took time out of my day to let others know just how much of a PITA the Fox 8 weather app really is.
Fox 8 has the best weather! Unfortunately, this app doesn’t live
Up to my expectations. A couple of
Years ago I would have given it a 5
Star rating. But, after recent “improvements” it is just annoying.
It defaults to a small picture and
Automatically plays old weather
Forecasts like anyone really wants
Yesterday’s weather. Often times I
Check for the weather and it says
No content available 😕
Always forecasting rain in the 10 day outlook. Many times as much as 8 of the next 10 days and the changing the forecast the day or hours before.
Last night at 11pm forecast was 90% chance of t-storms starting at 9am. So I cancel my plans. I wake up at 6am and the chance of t-storms now reduced to 60%. At 9am I check the app again since the sun was shining and the chance is reduced again to 20% and going down to 10% by 11am.
Cannot depend on FOX8 at all for getting the forecast right. I will be checking into a different Cleveland station.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.