Use the best app for your streaming needs
Cast webvideos, local videos, music or pictures to a Chromecast, Apple TV or Smart TV.
FROM your iPhone, iPad or iPod or NAS, DLNA/UPnP, Google Photos, Google Drive, Dropbox or a webpage
TO AppleTV 4th Gen, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Amazon Fire TV, SmartTV, Sonos, Xbox 360, Xbox One or other DLNA devices.
Browse webpages in the app. If a streamable video is found on the page you can send it to your TV.
// Pro Version
The app can be used fully for 5 casts. Afterwards you need to subscribe or purchases
Please be aware that the Chromecast only supports a couple of formats. Videos stored on your iPhone, iPad or iPod will be transcoded automatically. For videos on other sources:
The Chromecast can read containers like mp4, mkv, 3gp and m4v, but all these containers can use different codecs. If you can't hear the audio of a video, then the audio codec is not supported. If you can't see the video but hear the audio, then the video codec is not supported.
You can use the integrated Opensubtitles.org search to add a subtitle manually.
Internal subtitles which are inside the video container don't work, yet.
// Follow me
// Chromecast & Nexus Player supported formats
// Recommended PC software to convert your files:
I am just one independent developer working on my apps whenever I can, without a big budget for testing on various devices. If you find a bug please contact me. I'll try to fix it ASAP. Thanks for your support and happy casting!
Removed in app purchases
Changed to Paid version
Ratings and Reviews
Nope, still won't connect after latest update!!
Under the tab "DNLA/Upnp" your app used to connect fine to my "WDMyCloud" drive it used to work great until you redesigned the look awhile back and broke something. Now under "DNLA/Upnp" it still sees my WDMyCloud drive and it shows icons of content including all the photos, videos & music on my drive. BUT it will NOT play anything anymore. When a video or music or photo there is clicked now it says "NOT connected, touch the amber button in the lower right to connect." So then I do that and it just forever reads "Scanning network for devices...". It stays stuck there forever & thus is not working now. It used to work fine & was great until the latest recent updates, (thank goodness your Apple TV app still works). The new iPhone app design looks very nice but since it broke the app from playing anything that it still sees and shows on my drive but will not play any of it then what's the point of having it if it shows the contents but won't play any of it anymore now. (Maybe go back to the simpler design at least it worked then.) Please fix ASAP and then I will reconsider the review, thanks.
Developer Response ,
To which device do you want to connect?
Two issues with the app:
1) description says the app is free but the cost is $3.99 and a pro version is IAP for $0.00. So basically you have to buy the app to test it even though developer says it’s “free and fully functional” in the app description.
2) the app has all sorts of issues. Confusing and hard to figure out. If not giving access to all pics but only select - it does not populate and doesn’t show any files even though I’ve selected several. Had to redownload just to give access to all pics/videos. Then all populated. However, when streaming a video it loops the same video over and over even though I’m selecting different videos to play. I had to restart the app just to play a different video and it happens every time. Developer claims you can play video files in only a couple of formats which is ok but there are zero instructions on how to play video files that are not in your camera roll. I would delete this app in a heart beat but man, having spent $4 just to see how raw and lousy the app is made just breaks my heart.
Not helpful for using apps with headphones
You need to have downloaded content on your device, I wanted to cast to tv and listen through headphones,this will do this but not while streaming through an app like Netflix. (I thought web video would allow Netflix) There was no free version thus the 1 star review since I wasted my money and a trial would have told me this was not going to solve my issue, I wish I could return the app….I was going to change my review since streaming from Dropbox could be useful, but it does not support mp4 format, also tried web video that also did not work….
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stefan Pledl
- 57 MB
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 10.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Stefan Pledl
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $13.99
- Yearly Subscription $7.49
- LocalCast Pro $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.