**Selected by Apple as one of the best apps of 2014 on the Mac App Store**
**Please visit our website to download the iOS version or search for "Mach Write" in the iOS App Store, it's free!**
**iCloud HandOff/Continuity requires Bluetooth 4.0/LE and Wifi on and enabled**
Mach Write is a powerful new RTF, TXT, and PDF Editor (Rich Text Format, Plain Text, PDF) for iOS and OS X! Featuring full iCloud document synchronization, RTF in multiple styles, sizes, and colors; as well as PDF Viewing/Creating/Annotation; and TXT files in addition to supporting nearly 15 plain text code formats; Mach Write makes it super easy to create in many different formats while still being incredibly powerful! And the best part is Mach Write is free for iOS and only $3.99 (U.S.) on OS X!
Unlike other text editing/word processing apps which only offer RTF, or only offer TXT, or only offer PDF editing (and usually no iCloud/iOS version) Mach Write has all these features and much much more!
Ridiculously Advanced Features!
- iCloud document synchronization; Mach Write keeps all your documents up to date on all your iOS and OS X devices (iPhone, iPad, and Mac)
- RTF Read/Write support; easily Create and Edit Rich Text with multiple styles, alignment, font sizes, color, shadows, line spacing, and more -- one of the most popular word processor formats widely compatible across OS X, Windows, and Linux
- PDF Creation, Editing, and Viewing (on iOS, annotate PDF with free-hand writing, take notes, grade papers, and more -- Large PDF documents in iCloud, such as large eBooks, are not recommended)
- PDF Editing includes Text, Shapes, Lines, Highlights, and more
- DOC/DOCX Read/Write support on OS X (DOC/DOCX Viewing on iOS)
- Export to DOC, RTFD, HTML, TXT, and more
- Tap the "Function" (Fn) Key twice to turn on Voice Dictation
- Easily Share with Facebook, Twitter, E-mail, and Messages right from the Toolbar
- Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use!
- Updated User Interface
- Fixed various bugs throughout the application
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Functional, but needs much fit-and-finish work.
The Mac app doesn’t follow OS X interface conventions. Overly-saturated icons are thrown into the title bar, toolbars can’t be customized, and there isn’t a Preferences area to adjust settings.
I’m all for — and excited about — the multi-device sync, but for day-to-day use on the mac, this app isn’t where it needs to be in terms of fit-and-finish. I spend my days in text editors, and I want that writing environment to be a reasonably attractive one.
Convert RTF to HTML - really!!!
I copy selected text out of a reference app that I use daily to use them in web pages and the copied text that lands in the clipboard is RTF format. I need it in HTML format. THIS APP does that for me very easily and cleanly. Worth every penny and a real time saver. I just discovered Mach Write today and I had to give it 5 stars because IT JUST WORKS.
Editing text in PDF’s does not work, the features says it does. Want money back, I need to edit text in a pdf. All this thing does is drag the whole page around.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.