MathBoard® is a highly configurable math app appropriate for all school aged children. Beginning in kindergarten, with simple addition and subtraction problems, through elementary school where learning multiplication and division can be a real challenge. MathBoard will allow you to configure the app to best match the abilities of your individual child/student.
More than just standard drills, MathBoard encourages students to actually solve problems, and not just guess at answers. This is done by providing multiple answer styles, as well as a scratchboard area where problems can be worked out by hand. Students can also turn to MathBoard's Problem Solver for further help. This powerful teaching feature walks students through the steps required to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations. Additionally, the included quick reference tables serve as a valuable learning tool.
MathBoard features Math Activities. These activities include Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality, and Match Math (a memory game). Each activity is based upon the current settings level, so the difficulty will vary based on the student’s knowledge.
- Random equation generation for Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Squares, Cubes, and Square Root problems.
- Number ranges are configurable, including the ability to require certain numbers to be in each problem and the ability to omit negative answers.
- Number and order of displayed digits can be limited, allowing for equations to conform to certain learning levels (e.g. 2 digit numbers over 1 digit numbers).
- Generates simple equations, as well as single step algebraic equations. (e.g. 6+x=12; x-8=2; 5x=25).
- Intelligent problem and "wrong answer" generation makes guessing more difficult.
- Includes both multiple choice, as well as, fill in the blank style questions.
- Activities and quizzes can be timed, either as a countdown timer or elapsed time.
- Equation configuration settings can be saved for future use as well as shared with others.
- Multiple student profiles are supported. Includes the ability to save, review, and share the results for activities and quizzes with others.
- Problem Solver will outline the steps needed to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
- In addition to standard drills, activities are included (Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality and Match Math).
- Quick reference math tables for counting, addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
Updated for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Ratings and Reviews
Not as good as the iPad app
This isn't as good as the iPad app...I don't like that there's no way to draw at the bottom of the screen, like you can on the iPad...being able to make sticks or dots, makes it easier for some kids...especially kids with Autism...Thank you so much for the iPad app! It's great!!
Using it for homeschooling kids
This program is great. I downloaded the free addition version to check it out as the price for the full version seemed a bit high. After using the free version I picked up the full version right away. I am a stay at home dad and am homeschooling my son (5) and daughter (4). I have purchased a few retail software programs but found they didn't provide for the customization that this one does. Some of the retail programs are filled with so much fluff that it's hard to actually GET to the actual problems. I believe the kids benefit from the direct simplicity of reviewing problem after problem. Also **thumbs up** to the newest version that allows for student profiles and saved settings, this is a BIG DEAL! Thanks.
For Speed Memorization
As an accountant I work with numbers all day and this is a great app to refresh my mental arithmetic. However,an additional functionality in the preferences that would allow a user set an arbitrary time limit per problem would be awesome. For example, a set of 30 problems with only 2 seconds to solve before the program moves on to the next problem. When you get better you could set it down to 1 second. That would allow the user to know which problem sets he or she truly has memorized, and allow the user to focus on the weaker areas. Just spitballin.
- PalaSoftware Inc.
- 14.1 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright ©2010-19 palasoftware Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.