Matrix Vocoder 4+
Matrix Vocoder transforms your voice into an electronic instrument!
The Vocoder was invented by Homer Dudley in the mid-30's of the last century. Dudley worked at Bell Laboratories,
and this is where the first Vocoder took shape.
The Matrix Vocoder is designed to properly simulate the classic analog Vocoder sound made famous e.g. by the music of the
german band Kraftwerk. At there last world tour they used in fact the PC version of our Matrix Vocoder on stage !
The epic Cylon Robot voice is
The basic function of a Vocoder is characterised by an analysis of the input signal, usually speech but other type of inputs can also be very interesting. In a special filter bank, a spectral analysis is performed and signals are developed which follows the amount of spectral energy in each channel. Another part of the analyser tests if there are unvoiced or voiced sounds at any particular time and extracts the pitch of the voiced sounds.
The output section of the vocoder consists of a stereophonic synthesis filter bank which assembles the new synthetic speech from the characteristic filter envelopes from the analysis stage together with an external or internal replacement signal.
- 32 channel Filterbank with 8-pole Butterworth analog filters
- Stereophonic synthesis with analog modelled alias free oscillators.
- External carrier possible ( left channel = voice / right channel = carrier )
- Voiced/Unvoiced detection
- Pitch tracking
- Formant shift
- Matrix uses patchbay to connect analysis and synthesis channels.
- Pan position and level for each channel.
- 16 internal oscillators with unlimited voices for choir like sounds.
- Stereo wide panorama parameter for internal generator.
- Optional monophonic generator with Glide setting.
- Internal noise generator.
- Effect AudioUnit and Music Effect AudioUnit
- stand alone / Audiobus 3 / IAA
- Fixed UI display issues with light/dark appearance system setting
Ratings and Reviews
Whatever the magic processor, its here!
Its close to ivoxel (obviousness) but is just its own more ‘live thing’. Intelligence of the robotic voice is supreme. U can definitely be kraftwerk, and i just started. Hails
I’ve tried this several times and the presets and all of the options in the settings menu don’t show up. They are just blank..nothing is there. I’ve tried deleting and re-downloading it again several times and each time it’s the same. Really bummed about this!
Everyone loves it! I open it on my iPad! You should download the app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Harry Gohs
- 23.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.