Meraki Systems Manager is Cisco Systems' Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution that allows you to manage all of your iOS devices from a central web dashboard. Installing this app on an iOS device provides enhanced MDM and MAM functionality that includes features such as a managed app store, content delivery with backpack, and GPS location reporting.
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
- Dark mode added!
- Homescreen shortcuts added! Check-in device and view app list directly from the iOS homescreen.
- App cells now display version number.
- App cells now have an “Update” button to request an app update.
- Pull to refresh added for App List. This will query the Systems Manager network to reload the device’s App List.
- “Suggested Networks” feature returns for manual enrollments. iOS devices which are connected to a Meraki MR SSID can automatically detect the SM network within the same Meraki Organization during enrollment, so end users do not need to type in network IDs.
- Device name is shown on the Home page.
- Support for Canadian enrollment clusters.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Two big things - location and control - are suspect. On stolen/lost devices, trying to locate them - even last location - has been way off.
There is also moderate tax/hit on battery life for this merely average visibility and control.
One of the best MDM/BYOD/EMM offerings
Cisco Meraki Systems Manager is a great product with seamless integration to the Cisco Security Connector. It offers APP version control and the ability to view iOS MDM command logs which is missing from most MDM offerings. End-users gives it a bad rating because of the security and control. Enterprises enjoys the benefits of a unified solution to secure and manage endpoints. It does not drain the battery or otherwise contribute to a bad end-user experience. More focus and improvements to the APP would be appreciated.
Location Services isn’t working
After updating to the latest versions, location services has stopped working on our devices. It used to be fairly reliable, but recently I cannot get it to use GPS to locate over half of our iOS devices. The timing is bad too - we’ve had 2 iPads go missing since 2.5.1 was released and I wasn’t able to locate either. Not only do I have 2 devices gone, I also look rather incompetent as the IT manager with a tracking system that failed.
The system was great, and can be 5 stars again once location is fixed, but an MDM without working GPS is not so great.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Meraki, Inc
- 70.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Cisco Meraki