Visual decoder METAR & TAF
Eveline van den Boom
Designed for iPad
Visualized METAR and TAF weather information for all airports in the world. Concise summary of everything you need to know about today's aviation weather.
- Visualized in easy to understand and colourful metrics
- Weather symbols for significant weather and clouds, like in a non-aviation weather report
- Crosswind calculations, by combining METAR and runway information
- Flight rules category: VFR, MVFR, IFR, LIFR
- Read out by text-to-speech available, listen to a decoded METAR while doing other things
- TAF broken down and displayed per hour in a table
- Show sunrise/sunset, minimum and maximum temperature
- Timeline with NOTAMs sorted by issue date
- Coordinates from NOTAMs plotted on map
- Add your favorite stations to the list, see their weather at a glance
- Get observations near your location
- Find stations in the interactive map with weather codes
- Search airports by ICAO code or name
- Graphs with weather trends today and yesterday: temperature, visibility, wind speed, QNH
- METAR history for the last hours and link to more on the website
- See information about the airports, like runway directions, elevation, location
- If the airport doesn't report a METAR, the nearest station used for calculations
- All units are customizable units: speed (knots, km/h, m/s, mph), altitude (meters/feet), visibility (kilometers/miles), temperature (Celcius/Fahrenheit) and air pressure (Hectopascal, Inch Hg)
- Times are converted to the local time for each airport
- Sunrise and sunset are calculated based on the airports latitude/longitude
- METAR, TAF and airport data are automatically saved for offline use
- Available in 6 languages: English, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, German and French
- New map with clearer markers and support for dark mode
- Added SIGMETs to the map
- Added navigational aids like VOR/DME/TACAN to the map
- Maps are back as tab on the main screen. The trends tab is discontinued due to negative feedback
- You can now browse through old METARs on our website if you follow the link in the History tab of the airport
- Upgraded to new SDK
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to read
This app is beautiful! Very easy to read all the weather information I need.
meh … it’s a “work in progress”
I use this app on an iPad, and this app shows it’s lineage as one of the many that started life as an iPhone app. My biggest complaint is that the app launches in “portrait” mode rather than landscape. The user has to undergo a few “gyrations” in order to get it to display in landscape mode. And along the lines of iPad functionality, there’s no ability to split-screen the app. And there should be a “refresh” button on the active METAR page to capture the latest reading. Lastly, the ability to sort the favorites would be a nice touch. As a “certified weather app-addict”, I think I must have tried every aviation weather app out there. This app is kinda “pricey” for the lack of sophistication it offers, so if the developer would adopt some of my suggestions, this app could elevate out of the “ho-hum” range. As of now, it’s not a “go-to” or “must have” app.
Great app, but can’t clear badge
I love this app. I use the web version on my computer. But with this app, I will get a badge and have no way to clear it. Since I am anal, and that drives me nuts, I had to delete the app. Can I get dev help with this?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eveline van den Boom
- 15.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Studio Eveline 2021-2022
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.