meteoblue – weather worldwide on the go
meteoblue shows high precision weather forecasts combined with a beautiful, simple and easy to use design. Weather forecasts can be requested for any place on Earth easily and comfortably.
What makes this app unique:
• Weather forecasts for any point on land or sea.
• Location search with more than 6 million locations: search for location name, postal code or coordinates or let the app find your current position with the GPS module.
• Widget: provides a quick overview of the current and future weather for a single location.
• Background images matching current weather conditions at the selected location.
• 7 days forecast: daily overview and detailed information for every single day with hourly or 3 hour values. Besides standard parameters like temperature, precipitation and wind information, unique features like predictability and rainSPOT give a better overview.
• Meteogram 5 days: temperature curve with pictograms, cloud layers in different altitudes and wind forecast.
• 14 days: trend forecast for minimum and maximum temperature as well as precipitation and precipitation probability.
• Multimodel: forecasts of multiple different data models for a location.
• Dynamic weather maps: instant overview of the weather situation over entire regions, countries, continents and the world.
• Wind Animation: shows the movement of the air (windspeed and direction), coloured areas show the temperature. The wind animation is available worldwide.
• Satellite map: observed cloud cover for North America, Central America, Europe, Africa and India, with lightning updates for selected areas.
• Radar map: precipitation radar for Germany, Switzerland, Romania, USA and South America. Others will be added.
• where2go: find the sunniest weather around your selected place.
• Personalized settings: you can choose between various temperature, precipitation and wind speed units.
• Offline mode: the app will save the weather data for each place until you are online again.
• Fast: The app is faster than the meteoblue website.
The use of meteoblue for iOS is free of charge. Within the app, you can sign up for the "No ads - 1 Year" subscription, which disables all ads for a period of one year. If you choose to subscribe, you will pay the price set for your country, as shown inside the app. The subscription automatically renews if it is not cancelled within 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for the next subscription period up to 24 hours prior to the current subscription expiring. It is not possible to cancel an existing in-app subscription. You can disable the automatic renewal function at any time by adjusting your account settings.
General terms and conditions of meteoblue AG: https://content.meteoblue.com/en/legal/terms-conditions
Do you miss something? Do you have an innovative idea to improve our app? Do you really like our app and want to give positive feedback? Please don’t hesitate to contact us! We appreciate any suggestion and constructive criticism to improve the functionality of the app and our services.
We wish you more good weather with meteoblue.
## NEW ##
meteoblue for iOS now uses the all new meteoblue data feed which offers even better forecasts. Some users complained about the forecast switching to the next day in the evenings. This issue is now gone. In addition, from now on, we also offer you a consistent, hourly forecast for the entire week.
Our Widget is now two years old and is already used by many of you. Since the introduction, some of our users have requested that we extend the widget's scope of information with additional variables. This update adds more weather variables such as sunrise and sunset times and our helpful predictability bar below the daily temperatures. In addition, the layout of the widget has been improved to comply with iOS standards.
Last but not least we have finally added two of our most popular features of our website: Weather maps and our Multimodel.
## IMPROVEMENTS ##
The size of the current temperature view has been reduced on iPhone. Users of larger iPhones should now see more days at a glance without having to scroll for it.
Due to under the hood improvements the app size could be reduced by around 20%.
## FIXES ##
This update fixes a bug, that in a few cases the in-app purchase setting was not saved in the app.
This update fixes an issue that could cause the app to crash when visiting a location where the sun or moon is not currently rising or setting.
This update fixes an error message that could occur in certain situations when opening the widget.
This update fixes an issue that could cause different weekdays to be displayed in different time zones.
Small improvements and bugfixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is just what I was looking for. I’m an amateur astronomer, and this app keeps me up to date on the weather. The satellite map shows me the cloud cover and the direction the clouds are moving. I have to travel many miles to a dark location, and this app has saved me wasted trips being able to see what and where the clouds are. Also the general daily weather information is very useful and accurate. There’s a lot of information packed into this app. I highly recommend this app.
Now the best general weather app I can find
Now that WU has released a downgrade of an “upgraded”, I was looking for something that would fill its shoes. Meteoblue seems to be it.
I have lots of weather apps—as both a commuter with long walks, and an amateur astronomer who needs to plan observation nights, I care a lot about the weather.
Meteoblue has easy at-a-glance access information, nice dense charts of wether data (that can be saved to look at when at a remote site), and a something that is crucial for my commutes: a status screen widget (if you pay the low advert removal subscription price).
I do have a few feature requests: (1) It’d be lovely to see what the widget looks like before paying the subscription so that I can tell if it presents useful information before spending money, and (2) your online website has a great forecast for astronomers that would be brilliant to include as a tab in this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your rating!
We will add a screenshot of the widget to our store page.
As for Astronomical seeing, it is already included as a suggestion. Our programmers are currently working on the feasibility.
Please let us know whether you have further suggestions for improvement or questions.
In the meantime, we wish you more good weather with meteoblue.
Clearly the best weather app
I found this app extremely accurate and helpful for trip planning in Patagonia, in Chamonix, and in my home state of California. It doesn’t forget things (works offline), and is data-rich. I love that you can see micro-variations in wind and temperature by precise placement of crosshairs on a map.
Radar in California is the only shortcoming - the base layer is kind of busy and the radar does not take advantage of high-resolution data from NEXRAD. As the app grows in complexity a guide for how to interpret the data may be helpful.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback!
Pleased to read that our app helps you plan your leisure activities. :-)
As for the radar in California, I forwarded your concern to our IT and they will look for ways to improve the radar.
Please let us know whether you have further suggestions for improvement or questions. In the meantime, we wish you more good weather with meteoblue.
- meteoblue AG
- 158.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 meteoblue AG
- In-App Purchases
- No ads - 1 year $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.