The AHA ACLS app is the American Heart Association's (AHA) officially endorsed digital health solution to assist clinicians in running codes and delivering bedside ACLS care with actual patients. The app was developed by Harvard-trained physicians, in collaboration with the AHA, to help fellow physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and emergency medical technicians (EMT) deliver the highest level of advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) at the point-of-care. It began as a project to assist clinicians within Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital—and then expanded to have a global scope after significant positive impact was demonstrated. Importantly, real-time feedback from our clinician users continuously drives improvements in app design, features, and function so that you will have the best experience providing life-saving care at the bedside.
The AHA ACLS app is the only one to have all content vetted by both the AHA science team and practicing Harvard-affiliated physicians. It also features the latest 2020 release of AHA recommendations for ACLS.
We owe it to our patients to use the best digital health tools to give them the highest chance of surviving acute life-threatening cardiac illnesses. To this end, we have developed a low cost, intuitive, and rigorously vetted mobile app to assist clinicians— including in all stages of training—and enhance ACLS care at the bedside.
- Intuitive design to rapidly access 4 ACLS algorithms (i.e. cardiac arrest, tachycardia with pulse, bradycardia with pulse, and post cardiac arrest care)
- Includes all ACLS content including drug therapy and dosing, reversible causes, etc.
- Easy-to-read timers and ability to log rounds of CPR, epinephrine, and defibrillations
- Button within cardiac arrest algorithm that allows for rapid transition to post cardiac arrest care pathway once patient achieves ROSC
- All content rigorously vetted by AHA science team and practicing Harvard-affiliated physicians
- Regularly updated with the most up-to-date ACLS content
We continue to iterate based on real-time clinician feedback, so that you will have the best experience providing life-saving care at the bedside.
AHA ACLS offers an auto-renewing annual subscription at $2.99/year with a 3-day free trial. You will have unlimited access to all content while you maintain an active subscription.
Payment will be charged to the credit card connected to your Apple ID Account when you confirm the initial subscription purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You may manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after the purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
You can read more about our terms and conditions in the app.
1. Official endorsement by and co-branding with the American Heart Association (AHA)
2. Exciting design updates and ongoing feature upgrades in partnership with the AHA
3. New 2022 AHA Recommendations Section with Summary of Key Issues and Major Changes
4. Removal of COVID-19 cardiac arrest algorithm
Ratings and Reviews
THE PERFECT TOOL FOR DOCTORS
I’m a practicing emergency physician. This is what I’ve been waiting for: an accurate, easy to use app for running codes and going through ACLS at the patient’s bedside. It also has the Harvard and American Heart Association seal of approval, so I know I can trust what I’m using. Every emergency medicine doctor’s dream come true.
There are way too many sketchy, unreliable, unwieldy—and sometimes dangerous—apps on the App Store that are advertised for running codes or going through the ACLS algorithms. I would know, because I have downloaded over half a dozen ACLS apps, all of which I have deleted because they were not practical to use at the bedside.
Doctors need tools they can 100% trust, especially when it comes to saving a life—this is it!
Give it a shot!
Full Disclosure: I’m one of the contributors and our team hopes you‘ll give this app a shot during the rapids/codes you run.
We think it’s the best solution on the market with all the ACLS info you’ll need to make the right decision (algorithms, drugs, doses) and timers built in to ensure you’re on track - the timers turn red at the algorithm-indicated time points, gently nudging you to take the next steps. Please do give us feedback as we are always working on improvements!
Great Digital Health Tool
Easy access to clear presentations of AHA ACLS algorithms! This is a great digital health tool that can help improve the efficiency and effectiveness and running codes and managing arrhythmias. Perfect complement for teaching residents and medical students on the internal medicine unit- a must have!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- 37.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Massachusetts General Hospital
- In-App Purchases
- ACLS Pro $2.99