Please read the section "Important Notes" before purchasing or using this app.
This app has no in-app purchases! After playing this app, you can import your save data into “Monster Hunter Stories” (paid version) to continue the story.
However, please be aware that for this free version, you cannot import your save data to the Apple Arcade version.
• The World of Monster Hunter Stories
In a world where large monsters roam, and people everywhere make a living hunting, there's a remote village of people who follow a different set of customs. They are the Monster Riders, a people who don't hunt but instead form bonds with monsters.
The monsters that form kinships with Riders, known as "Monsties," possess incredible powers.
Join the adventure and "Ride On!"
• Game Features
- Recruit countless Monsties!
Monsties, and the bonds you form with them, are the backbone of your adventure. Explore vast environments and dungeons to find monster dens, and bring back the eggs you find to hatch new Monsties!
- Fight with your Monsties in Network Battles!
Take your hero and the Monsties you've raised into battles with other Riders! Build a team of your favorites to challenge other players.
- New features for the smartphone version!
New improvements include beautiful high-resolution graphics, improved user interface, and a new auto-save feature!
The story begins in a forest near the village of Riders. Three young friends—the hero, Lilia, and Cheval—stumble upon a shining egg.
The trio perform a playful imitation of the Rite of Kinship, only to be shocked when it actually succeeds!
The egg hatches, revealing a baby Rathalos, a flying wyvern also known as "the King of the Skies." The trio affectionately name him "Ratha," and take him back to the village.
A year passes...
The hero receives a Kinship Stone from the Village Chief and officially becomes a Rider. Cheval and Lilia both leave the village, each on their own path. The hero, though separated now from childhood friends, partners up with the cheerful Navirou, and embarks upon a new adventure into the world of hunters.
• Compatible Devices (Models / Supported OS)
Please visit the official website for details.
• How to Access the Website
Tap “Developer Website” on this page or access the following link:
Note: We cannot guarantee the app’s performance or offer refunds if you use a device not listed as compatible.
• Notes on Multiplayer
- Multiplayer (Network Battles, etc.) is available only after a certain amount of game progress.
- Network Battles are only available against other players of this version of the iOS app, not players of the paid version.
- Network Battles are not available against players of the Japanese version of this app.
- Play in an area with a good connection to ensure the best online experience.
- You must sign in to Game Center to use multiplayer features.
• Additional Notes
- To use this app, you must agree to the "Monster Hunter Stories End User License Agreement" (link below) when booting the app for the first time.
- This app features the same story as introduction of the handheld console version.
- Several handheld console features, such as certain collaboration contents, amiibo features, local Network Battles, and StreetPass, are NOT available in this version.
- Deleting this app will also erase any stored save data.
- We recommend that you connect to a Wi-Fi network before downloading.
- Battle Party QR codes from the Japanese version will not work in this version.
Precautions When Updating
• To update the app, you will need approximately 3 GB to 7 GB of free space on your device.
Please make sure to create a backup of your saved data when updating.
If the app fails to update, you may be unable to use your saved data.
• Playing multiplayer with others who are using a different version of the app may result in network difficulties.
Please update to the latest version of the app to ensure you have the best multiplayer experience.
• After updating the app, you cannot revert to the previous version.
• Please keep in mind that because of the large size of this update, it will take time to download.
• Ver.1.0.04 Update Contents
- Improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
The game is neat but why the demo version
Yes the game is fun but I don’t see why it couldn’t just been a entire full version download possible instead of having to buy it especially how the demo version was such a long game u might’ve just as well uninstall it off of your phone only saying that to the people out their who think wasting money on a downloaded game is just ridiculous when u can go to game stop and get a game just like it like the game Monster hunter world thT game might not have the same combat system as MHST does but it is hella awesome
Fantastic Monster Hunter game
One of the best in the series, I would gladly pay $20 for it.
Don’t listen to the guy complaining about saves, everyone who knows monster hunter knows you save at your bed when you rest, they added the Catavan for fast traveling and saving while in the wilds so there’s no excuse why you cannot save when not in a cave or den, of course you will need to find the catavan umbrellas later in the story but it is available.
I had a blast playing this beginning short story and am looking forward to purchasing the full game asap.
Heck yes I will pay $20 for a game. Especially when that game is $40 on the 3DS with graphics that can’t compete with how STUNNING this game is on the iPhone and iPad. Heck yes I will pay $20 for this game when I can play on my phone while I’m killing time and then continue right where I left off on my iPad when I want to put in some serious gaming hours.
This game is what Pokémon Sun/noon should have been. Thank you, Capcom. People will pay for quality and convenience. For those who can’t afford it... why are you complaining?! You have like 6 hours worth of FREE demo!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CAPCOM Co., Ltd
- 3.3 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2016, 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.