Microsoft Excel 4+
Organize Your Data and Budget
- Offers In-App Purchases
Microsoft Excel, the spreadsheet app, lets you create, view, edit, and share your files quickly and easily. Manage spreadsheets, tables and workbooks attached to email messages from your phone with this powerful productivity app.
Work in data analysis, accounting, auditing, or other fields confidently with anyone, anywhere. Quickly graph the most complex formulas, charts and tables with amazing features.
Review spreadsheets and run data analysis on the go. Customize tables and spreadsheets the way you want with robust formatting tools and great features. The productivity app lets you build your spreadsheet to meet your specific needs.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft 365 subscription. Create templates, edit spreadsheets, organize charts and share with ease when you download Microsoft Excel.
Tables & Spreadsheets: Create, Calculate and Analyze
• Jump-start your budget, task list, accounting, or financial analysis with Excel’s modern templates.
• Quickly graph with familiar formulas to run calculations and analyze your data.
• Rich productivity features and formatting options make your workbook easier to read and use.
• Use Cards View to easily see and manage spreadsheets.
Productivity App: Review, Edit, and Work Anywhere
• Review your Excel files from any device.
• Edit sheets and data or update your task list from anywhere.
• Spreadsheet features like sort and filter columns help focus your reviews.
• Create, duplicate, hide, and unhide sheets easily.
• Analyze data using common charts and graphs.
• Use spreadsheet features like add and edit chart labels to highlight key insights in your data.
• Pie chart maker: create charts and graphs from your data.
Finance: Budgeting & Accounting
• Use agile spreadsheets and charts to help manage budgets.
• Familiar tools to help you drill down to your exact finance needs.
• Calculate tax estimates, personal finances and more.
Draw and Annotate with Ink
• Make notes, highlight your worksheet, create shapes, or write equations using the draw tab feature in Excel on devices with touch capabilities.
Sharing made easy
• Share your files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit, view, or leave comments directly in your workbooks.
• Copy the content of your worksheet in the body of an email message with its format intact or attach or copy a link to your workbook for other sharing options.
Download Microsoft Excel and get the best way to create, organize and manage data and spreadsheets from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac.
Monthly Microsoft 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft 365. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Seriously slow on the latest iPad Pro
I am using an iPad Pro 256GB Wifi + Cellular version and I am extremely disappointed on the speed and features of the app. Not sure if the app or iPad Pro is to blame but the vlookup, match functions are just not working as gracefully as it should be. Each time I input a number, it would take 5 seconds to return the correct values and it is just not acceptable on an advanced device like the iPad Pro. I have to admit that my spreadsheet has over 50,000 of rows, 30+ columns and 10+ spreadsheets but there are no macros and images used at all. And for anyone who relies on Excel to process this huge amount of data, this is just a very common scale of a spreadsheet, not to mention it is only 10MB. Either Apple or Mircosoft seriously needs to look into resolving this issue or there’s just no point of having this powerful application on the iPad.
Always disappointing and frustrating to use
March 2023 and I still feel the same way about this app. Now I cannot trust the app to save changes. It reports that changes are saved but I keep randomly losing data if I edit using my mobile devices. OLD REVIEW: There isn’t a single time I’ve used this app to create spreadsheets that I haven’t finished disappointed or disgusted. Every time I create a spreadsheet with tables and charts Excel just fails. A simple exercise to grab a table of dividend distributions from a web page, paste into Excel, calculate the average dividend and average NAV, and then chart the NAV and dividends with trend lines seems to be too much for Excel to handle. It usually finishes off by locking up when I am frustrated and decide to save to OneDrive so I can finish my work on a Windows PC. The next most frustrating problem is editing a formula. I don’t understand why dragging the cursor through a formula can lead to so many different selection mistakes. I dare you to try placing the cursor at the start of a cell reference or between a string of multiple open parentheses. Top that off by the totally inept programming of moving the cursor using the space bar. The inertia of the cursor seems to change randomly and toggles between “it isn’t going to move at all” to “how did the cursor get way over there so fast?!” Viewing existing spreadsheets seems to work pretty well. This is the only reason I gave this app two stars instead of one.
Working offline, functionality loss and privacy encroachments
I have to build work-arounds in the Ipad version of Excel. The most aggravating one being the fact that I have to be logged into my account in Excel even to work offline. I have to work around that by putting my Ipad in airplane mode. It is not appropriate that the Excel user who chooses the portability of the Ipad should be logged into an online account in order to use the product. And with every new iteration of Microsoft’s renewed user agreement, I grow more suspicious of Microsoft’s encroachment into my privacy. I do not have the time to read the minutia of the dozen pages of legalese. My choices are accept what ever new level of data privacy I am surrendering to Microsoft or don’t use the product. For this reason, I am presently learning Apple’s Number’s program. Once I get used to the loss of functionality Numbers may not have over Excel, I plan to abandon Excel altogether. I realize that there may be limitations on the Ipad version of Excel due to copyright, intellectual property agreements, and patent infringements between Microsoft and Apple, but these petty rivalries only make Microsoft look worse. And it does not excuse Microsoft from not making a fully functional version of Excel that can be used on the Ipad.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 278.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Microsoft Corporation.
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
- Office 365 Personal $6.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $9.99
- Office 365 Home $9.99
- Office 365 Home $99.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $69.99
- Office 365 Personal $69.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $99.99
- Office 365 Personal $5.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $11.99