Access your data from anywhere. Get notifications, annotate and share, and dive deep into your data with powerful features for decision making on the go.
• View all your important data in one place
• Tap to explore, filter, and focus on what’s most important
• Easily annotate and share reports and visualizations
• Set data alerts and get real-time notifications
• Ask questions in your own words and get meaningful insights into your data with the Q&A virtual analyst
• Securely access your on-premises data
• Scan barcodes and QR codes to easily track inventory and get real-world data in context
• Start exploring your Power BI data instantly, with no setup needed
Get the full Power BI suite and never miss a beat with Power BI Desktop, the Power BI web service, and Power BI Mobile!
- Use your device's built-in protection capabilities to secure your Power BI app and get the privacy you need. Requiring Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode for accessing the Power BI app ensures your data is kept private and seen by your eyes only.
- Siri is now integrated with the Power BI app on iOS12. Create shortcuts for your favorite reports and dashboards, then easily launch them using Siri assistance.
- We integrated Power BI app with Spotlight to help you search for your content in Power BI. To use it, swipe down from the middle of the Home screen, tap the Search field and enter what you're looking for.
Ratings and Reviews
For my purposes the mobile app works well. I need more customizations available in terms of creating and sharing real time dashboards. I have some data that requires real time API. However, I haven't found a way to display text or date fields (only values). It would also be nice if I could create measures in the web service for real time data (specifically I want to show a stopwatch with the amount of time between now and the last data push that came in). I would like to be able to embed the real time dashboard in my website. However, you can only share/embed reports not dashboards, and realtime data doesn't get updated in the reports.
All in all, it is close enough that I can get 90% of want I want done with it (and it is essentially a free solution for now since I already get it with my office 365 subscription). Specifically for the mobile app, I like it. I actually prefer it to the web app for viewing.
The concept behind this app, and the functionality it provides in connecting to big data is invaluable. The problem is that there are many (many!) minor things that don’t work correctly or were not thought out, that they add up to this not being all that it should be. One immediate example - there is a navigation bar at the top of report pages that obscures the report below it. It would be a simple thing for MS to fix this by moving the report down slightly on the page, but as-is, makes it very difficult to use, especially if in your mobile report layout there are slicers or other navigation elements at the top of the page. I could go on (no freeze-pane functionality for tables, no long press to bring up tooltips, poor use of font shrinking, etc), but hope MS puts polishing this app high on the priority list!
Developer Response ,
We appreciate the feedback. As store feedbacks have little information for support and due to privacy issues, please send a direct email to our support via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email a detailed description of the issue, error massages if available and print screens – if possible. Thank you, The Power BI team
Mobile app experience needs enhancing
I love that I am connected with my dashboards and reports at all times but there is too much limited functionality in the app. I would like to see enhancements for selecting multiple categories from a slicer as well as options to edit my gateway from settings.
Developer Response ,
1. We appreciate the feedback. As store feedbacks have little information for support and due to privacy issues, please send a direct email to our support via email@example.com. Please include in your email a detailed description of the issue, error massages if available and print screens – if possible. Thank you, The Power BI team
2. Regarding the multi select: The user can do multi select in the app.
By default it is disabled, he/she needs to go to the options menu and disable “single selection” mode. After disabling this it will do multi select by default (without holding the “ctrl” key) and allow the user to multi select in the app.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 142.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.