Mindfield eSense Skin Response, eSense Temperature, eSense Pulse & eSense Respiration
Biofeedback with the eSense sensors!
You can buy four eSense sensors from our shop:
1. the eSense Skin Response to measure electro dermal activity or galvanic skin response (EDA, GSR)
The Mindfield eSense Skin Response is a small sensor to measure your skin conductance using the microphone input of your smartphone or tablet.
Your skin conductance depends directly on your state of relaxation or stress, making it a commonly used and very precise stress indicator.
With the eSense Skin Response, you can precisely identify your stress level and reduce it with biofeedback training.
This App includes a comprehensive manual for training and many training possibilities.
2. the eSense Temperature:
The eSense Temperature is a small sensor for measuring your skin temperature with the microphone input of your smartphone or tablet.
Hand warming training is an especially effective and common biofeedback method. The temperature of our hands is connected to our stress level:
When we are stressed, we tend to have cold hands. Immediate feedback enables you to voluntarily increase the skin temperature in your fingers,
thus, increasing your peripheral blood circulation, leading to relaxation and stress reduction.
3. the eSense Pulse:
The Mindfield eSense Pulse is a precise 1-channel ECG chestbelt sensor to measure your heart rate variability with your smartphone or tablet.
The connection is made via bluetooth. The heartbeat is related to tension and relaxation and is a potential stress indicator.
The measurement of heart rate variability is a large field in cardiology, sports and coaching.
With the eSense Pulse, we focus on biofeedback training, i.e. improving heart rate variability to reduce your stress level.
The eSense app also provides essential statistics and analyses of HRV.
4. the eSense Respiration:
The new eSense Respiration sensor measures breathing amplitude and frequency with a pressure sensor and flexible belt and,
optionally with eSense Pulse sensor, Heart rate variability alltogether simultaneously.
It provides a unique and rich biofeedback experience on your smartphone or tablet to learn or regain a healthy breathing pattern.
You need to buy an eSense sensor for this App, otherwise you cannot measure anything.
More information and our online shop can be found on our homepage: www.mindfield-biosystems.com => Biofeedback => Products => eSense
FUNCTIONS IN THIS APP:
- Breath pacer (adjust to your needs)
- Video feedback, Music feedback, changing to your stress level, comes with included media or use your own
- you can save unlimited number of sessions on your device in a new session archive. Every session can be reviewed and exported later on.
- each session can be exported as CSV (comma separated file)
- Tactile feedback: Let your smartphone vibrate, when the values from galvanic skin response or temperature change! Intensity can be adjusted.
- Tone feedback: You can choose between 5 instruments and define a range for measurement values. In between of this range the tones are modulated by its pitch according to raising or falling values. Advanced users can even add their own tones. Now we also added a contineous sinus tone.
- Procedures: This feature incorporates training programs like guided relaxation, a stress test, defined biofeedback training, etc. into the app. Two demos are included, you can create as many procedures of your own, as you want.
- Control smart bulbs with Biofeedback! We integrated two solutions, a bluetooh bulb and all Philips Hue products.
- NEW: Optional (!) cloud functions such as backup & synchronization of measurements & procedures, free eSense account and download of additional, free training programs.
- NEW: eSense Web App at https://eSense.live
Please send your feedback to email@example.com
Your Mindfield team!
!! Always make a backup of your archive before updating the app - export all files via ZIP/CSV from the archive !!Just minor bug fixes in 5.1.9
- Implementation of the new, upcoming eSense Muscle (2-channel EMG device)
(Available already with another web app)
See our homepage www.mindfield-biosystems.com => Biofeedback => Products => eSense
for the eSense product details and updated manuals of all eSense sensors!
Please send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enyou this new update!
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some input from a designer
I am a biofeedback practitioner and recommended this app and its sensor regularly to my clients for home practice. It has been especially useful during the pandemic. I find the visual feedback to be very helpful. However, the audio feedback is poor, and the app feels clunky overall. Frankly, I can tell it was designed by engineers. Some work with a designer who can make it more appealing to the masses would be helpful. This is a great product, but it just needs some extra care.
Delighted to the new HRV sensor
I’ve used the Temperature and Skin
Conductance sensors with great success and am delighted to see the new HRV ( chest belt ) sensor arrive. I used it straight out of the box with no problems and got exactly the same sense of relaxation that I get from other HRV devices. App works well, and the equipment is very well priced. The statistics are professional level. Obviously there is some fine tuning to be done, but great so far. Once the respiration sensor arrives it will be a formidable set of equipment.
Not bad but not great.
The sensors are a bit temperamental.
Maybe add a sensor test function that doesn’t push data to Health? Otherwise a few seconds of lost contact adds dozens of useless rows of data.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mindfield Biosystems Ltd.
- 170.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Mindfield Biosystems Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 4 eSense, Premium, monatlich $8.99
- eSense Pulse, Basic, monatlich $3.99
- SkinResponse,Premium,monatlich $6.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.