Minds is an open-source and decentralized social networking platform. Take back your Internet freedom.
- Features. Newsfeed, Groups, Blogs, Video, Images, Search, Channels, Videos, Images, Statuses.
- Privacy. Chat securely with our encrypted messenger. Be anonymous if you wish.
- Contribute. Create popular original content (posts, images, photos, videos, blogs) that receives upvotes, comments and reminds. Gain new subscribers, refer contacts, check-in, develop code and more.
- Get Views. Exchange your tokens for views on your content and increase your chances of earning rewards. No algorithms or surveillance. 100% organic reach.
- Open Source. Minds is free and open source which allows anyone to inspect, modify or share the source code.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Ratings and Reviews
Needs work. Hope someone is working
As Twitter and Facebook push people away, Minds is my favorite platform concept. It's clean and smooth and not a ripoff of anything else.
Unfortunately it's tough to find things to follow, or that are trending, so you feel kind of isolated until you search out individual people or things to follow.
Also this is kinda technical but I like to scroll through my feed by swiping up and stopping with my thumb when something catches my eye. On Facebook, Twitter, and instagram this works perfectly but on Minds it will open whatever I tapped my thumb on. I might be the only one who surfs an app like this but it really throws me off my game.
Not for those who get triggered
I enjoy minds because of it diversity in thought. People on the platform are not pandering to the social media gods they are speaking their ‘minds’ but are also trolling people to get a rise out of them and making offense jokes at times. I’ve seen many about how women can’t drive and I laugh at it and share it. You shouldn’t take everything seriously and especially don’t take anything to heart. Now they’ll probably be racists and sexists people on this app like there is in the world but just ignore them everyone thinks they’re stupid. Just dislike their post and more on. But again this is a great app I wise there was more social media apps like this.
Could sink fb
Impressed with the sleek interface. The concept is great! There are a few kinks to work out which I’ll list below. Overall, If the developers can work out the issues, I believe this app can be a game changer for social media.
Issues encountered so far: (mobile version)
-The letter i is glitchy for some reason. It wants to type a capitalized i in the middle of words
-Autocorrect is non existent so you have to pay close attention to what you are typing
-When editing a word too close to the left of the screen, it’s virtually impossible to select in front of it. The work around I use is putting the cursor a letter or 2 to the right and deleting to beginning to get it in the right spot
Update: I can’t figure out how to add hashtags past the original posting. This may be some setting but I’m not finding it. Still not giving up on this app :) I love where this app is headed the more I learn it!
- MINDS.ORG, INC.
- 84.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Minds Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.