The most advanced version of MoCA’s digital application for in-person administration.
Designed to be easier to administer than the paper version, with automated features available, saving time for clinicians and researchers, and live instructions ensuring greater standardization.
Available languages: English, French, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
INTELLIGENT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Draw on screen with finger or stylus—or use device camera to photograph drawing on paper
- Automatic scoring (“Trail Making”, “Subtraction”, “Naming” questions)
- Speech-to-text recognition (“Verbal Fluency” question)
- On-screen instructions adapted to previous answers provided
- Suggestions appear for rater to select correct answer more quickly
- Easy file creation and patient result storing for future review
- Tracking of time spent on test and per question
- Section for rater notes on each test
- Hibernation mode and auto save features provide security and prevent data loss
- Quick export and import of results to EMR (paperless)
- Direct EHR integration capable
“...This study establishes adequate convergent validity between the MoCA and eMoCA (app version of MoCA) among an adult population presenting with memory concerns.”
Berg et al, 2018, Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Fixes to login issues, faced by older iOS versions
- Fluency transcription fixes
- Addressed crashes when saving tests as PDF
Ratings and Reviews
Nice for the main MoCA version, but...
This is very nice and efficient for administering 7.1 with patients and I love the printout and timing measures. However... 10$ a month is too much even if I was able to administer more than 1 version a person. As an SLP, I will be sticking with paper version for now until the price comes down and there is more than 1 version of the test.
I'm not sure that the electronic version is better than using paper, but I'm very certain that it will not be worth $120/year ($10/month subscription fee) to use the app.
Any reason we do not have access to the alternate versions of the test when retesting? That would help to make this monthly fee easier to swallow.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Test MoCA Inc.
- 124.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Z. Nasreddine MD