Morse Mania is a fun educational game that helps you master the Morse code while advancing through a number of exciting levels, teaching several new letters at a time.
The app starts with the easiest letters (E and T), moving to more complicated ones, comprised of more sound tokens. Once you master all the letters, it teaches you numbers and other characters, then proceeding to words.
- 65+ levels teaching you recognizing 44 symbols (letters A-Z, numbers and several other common symbols), procedure signs (prosigns), Q-codes, most popular abbreviations, words and callsigns.
- 12 challenge levels, ensuring you master all letters, symbols and abbreviations.
- Custom level: create your own level to practice symbols of your choice.
- Smart learning: custom level choice is pre-populated with symbols where you made the mistakes most recently.
- Hints (for free!) when you need help.
- Explore mode if you want to hear the symbols before starting to learn them, or see a list of prosigns, Q-codes and other abbreviations, hear their sound representation.
- Customizable sound frequency: 400 to 1000 Hz.
- Adjustable speed: from 5 to 45 WPM (words per minute). Less than 20 is not recommended though, as it doesn't help you to actually learn the language.
- Adjustable Farnsworth speed: from 5 to 45 WPM. Determines how long are the spaces between letters.
- Ability to jump to the past levels to revise, or skip some if you're already familiar with certain characters.
- 9 different keyboard layouts: QWERTY, AZERTY, QWERTZ, ABCDEF, Dvorak, Colemak, Maltron, Workman, Halmak.
- Randomized letter positions for each level (to ensure you're not just learning the position of the letter on the keyboard).
- Setting for background noise: to better support some Bluetooth earphones that keep disconnecting from the phone while you play, or just to make it more challenging.
- Read our dedicated blog posts to get the most out of the game.
Have any comments, questions or advice? Don't hesitate to email us, we'll reply right away!
- 3 new levels to learn 4 more punctuation characters.
- 9 new levels to learn 70+ most popular procedure signs (prosigns), Q-codes and abbreviations.
- Smart practicing: custom level is pre-populated with symbols where you made the mistakes most recently.
- Easier repeat of custom level, no need to choose the same symbols again every time.
- New setting for the volume of the Morse code sounds.
- Support for Halmak keyboard layout.
- Ability to reset already completed levels and mistakes.
- Frequency (pitch) setting is now free to all users.
- Various small bug fixes & performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic way to learn
This app teaches you Morse a bit at a time while constantly reinforcing what you’ve learned. Looking forward in the lessons I’m excited to see that in later lessons they cover Q codes as well!
Developer Response ,
Dear friend, thank you very much for your 5-star rating and I’m really glad to hear that you like my way of teaching Morse Code.
If you encounter any problem while using my app, please don’t hesitate to let me know (better per email) and I’ll try my best to solve it for you. In the future updates, I’ll add alternative output (flashlight for example) and also typing Morse Code, so there are more things to look forward to haha. :P
Have a nice evening and stay healthy! ❤️
Nice braining and hearing training
Amazing game! It starts getting hard after No.6, and a little bit timing consuming, but focus is the key and it really help your brain and hearing focus on slight differences. Felt like I can go to “America’s got talent” after complete this game lol!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
Personally I started struggling after level 9 but with a bit of training everyday (about 15-20 mins) I feel it’s not impossible to learn it. The beginning is the most difficult and I’m sure you’ll find it much easier once you get used to the sounds. :)
If you have any suggestions for improving the game please don’t hesitate to let me know.
Have a good day and stay healthy!
This is the fourth Morse training app I’ve tried, and it’s the first one I’m actually making progress with! Great app.
Developer Response ,
Dear t7tpd9qP, thank you very much for your 5-star rating and I’m really glad to hear that you find my way of teaching Morse Code effective. Just a small tip for you: according to my own learning experience, Morse Code can be forgotten easily and patience and constant practice are the two keys to mastering it. :) If you encounter any problem while using my app, please don’t hesitate to let me know (better per email) and I’ll try my best to solve it for you. Have a nice evening and stay healthy! ❤️
- Xiang Dong
- 58.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Xiang Dong
- In-App Purchases
- Premium forever $2.99
- Monthly premium subscription $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.