Finally an offline-enabled mobile app with all of the features from HamStudy.org! Use this app to study for your US Amateur Radio License.
Designed and written by hams with volunteer examiner experience and Sponsored by Icom, this is not your typical study app -- most study apps will focus on practice exams, which is somewhat like studying for your math test by throwing darts at your textbook. Though HamStudy is not a full instructional tool our app is focussed on providing you with the tools you need to study the parts of the question pool that you most need to see.
Our intelligent Study Mode tracks your progress as you move through the pool, providing you with full statistics on what you've seen and giving you the visibility into where you need to study. It will automatically repeat questions as needed. When you don't understand something you can tap the "explain" button to view an explanation of the question. Practice Exams make it easy to see how close you are to passing and see what areas to focus on in Study Mode.
Share your progress with your friends or instructor and study together!
* Study *all* current US Amateur Radio question pools (Technician, General, Amateur Extra) -- updates can be downloaded for free when they become available. Additional pools, such as the FCC commercial pools and the Canadian pools, are also available for download in the app.
* This app is not a study guide, it is a directed study tool centered around the questions; there are explanations contributed by users for most pools which do help in learning, but some users may want to pair the app with a study manual to get the most out of both.
* HamStudy's revolutionary Study Modes work with you to ensure you learn the questions; they automatically track your progress and adjust the pace to keep you challenged but not frustrated. User-submitted explanations help you avoid the pitfall of just memorizing answers. Synchronize with your online HamStudy.org account to prevent data loss and be able to switch devices easily.
* Share your progress with other HamStudy.org users and help each other keep progressing towards that next license exam!
- Fixes a critical bug which caused the app to become unusable to some users who had been studying the 2015 General pool before it expired on July 1, 2019.
Sorry about that, folks!
Ratings and Reviews
The best $4 you can spend to go from Tech to Extra
I just sat for my exams yesterday. I took all 3 in one sitting. I passed them all; in fact, my highest score was on the Extra, 92%. I started by using the free online version and found it extremely helpful. But then I decided to spend a few dollars to get the app on my phone. I found that I had a lot of free time when I was away from home, away from the computer, so I knew that this app could help me to study when I had free time to spare. The great thing about using the free online version along with this app is that it syncs your progress between both platforms. My background, I have no experience in engineering, and I would rate my math skills as being just average. If you are planning to get licensed, do not stop with just the technician and/or the general license. With this app, you can go from 0 to Extra if you are willing to put in the time and effort.
I used the website to pass my tech. I didn’t care much for the website as I’d spend more time logging in every time then studying questions. This app is wonderful! Syncing the online account seems to be impossible but I just started fresh (not logging in other then my apple account) and it has been great! I passed my general because of the great key word highlights and brief summary of questions I don’t understand. I’m 40% into the Extra pool and after that, this app even has the commercial license exam’s! WOW! What a great app! Even has the Canadian question pool! Absolutely worth the money!
Absolutely amazing app. I used the website to pass my tech, now I’m using the app to pass my general. The way the app highlights key words is helping me tremendously. My only complaints, a night mode would be great. Also when studying flash cards a “I don’t know button” would be helpful. Sometime I genuinely have no clue so I just tap the screen and I happen to hit the right one, then I worry I won’t see that question again. Otherwise, thanks for the great app!
Update: the dev added the idk button. Also passed my general, which I give 100% credit to this app. Thanks again.
Developer Response ,
Feature requests can be submitted at features.hamstudy.org -- night mode is one that was submitted and has been voted for quite a bit, so it is under development, just has been a bit tricky. We promise it's coming, though!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.