Updated with all current and upcoming question pools! Question pool updates (or new pools) can be downloaded any time you are connected to the internet.
The latest question pools are always available for download! Finally an offline-enabled mobile app with all of the features from HamStudy.org! Use this app to study for your US Amateur Radio License -- our question pools are always up to date and always have the current question pools because the app can download updates from the website whenever you are connected to the internet.
Designed and written by hams with volunteer examiner experience and Sponsored by Icom, this is not your typical study app -- most study apps will focus on practice exams, which is somewhat like studying for your math test by throwing darts at your textbook. Though HamStudy is not a full instructional tool our app is focussed on providing you with the tools you need to study the parts of the question pool that you most need to see.
Our intelligent Study Mode tracks your progress as you move through the pool, providing you with full statistics on what you've seen and giving you the visibility into where you need to study. It will automatically repeat questions as needed. When you don't understand something you can tap the "explain" button to view an explanation of the question. Practice Exams make it easy to see how close you are to passing and see what areas to focus on in Study Mode.
Share your progress with your friends or instructor and study together!
* Study *all* current US Amateur Radio question pools (Technician, General, Amateur Extra) -- updates can be downloaded for free when they become available. Additional pools, such as the FCC commercial pools and the Canadian pools, are also available for download in the app.
* This app is not a study guide, it is a directed study tool centered around the questions; there are explanations contributed by users for most pools which do help in learning, but some users may want to pair the app with a study manual to get the most out of both.
* HamStudy's revolutionary Study Modes work with you to ensure you learn the questions; they automatically track your progress and adjust the pace to keep you challenged but not frustrated. User-submitted explanations help you avoid the pitfall of just memorizing answers. Synchronize with your online HamStudy.org account to prevent data loss and be able to switch devices easily.
* Share your progress with other HamStudy.org users and help each other keep progressing towards that next license exam!
* General 2023 question pool pre-loaded
* New installs will use a faster, more performant database
* Many back-end improvements to improve reliability
* Added analytics to help with troubleshooting bugs
Ratings and Reviews
I aced my General Exam because of HamStudy
I had previously used another app to study for the Tech exam and I got two wrong. I couldn’t understand how that could happen because I had memorized everything. As I studied for the General using the same app I started realizing a few of the answers were WRONG. Typos were everywhere in the study sections and practice test sections, and then I found on one question that the answer in both A and C were identical. I paid for HamStudy and don’t regret it one bit. I got 100% on my General exam and that was the best 30-some-odd-bucks I could have spent. Don’t waste your time on a free program with errors. If you are struggling through a test and you answer questions with “wrong” answers, not because you didn’t study hard enough but because you studied to perfection and memorized incorrect answers, that is just cruel and unusual punishment. Pay the bucks, get the right answers and pass your exam the first time.
The best $4 you can spend to go from Tech to Extra
I just sat for my exams yesterday. I took all 3 in one sitting. I passed them all; in fact, my highest score was on the Extra, 92%. I started by using the free online version and found it extremely helpful. But then I decided to spend a few dollars to get the app on my phone. I found that I had a lot of free time when I was away from home, away from the computer, so I knew that this app could help me to study when I had free time to spare. The great thing about using the free online version along with this app is that it syncs your progress between both platforms. My background, I have no experience in engineering, and I would rate my math skills as being just average. If you are planning to get licensed, do not stop with just the technician and/or the general license. With this app, you can go from 0 to Extra if you are willing to put in the time and effort.
Excellent: Quick thorough study
Bought this app b/c thirty days to study and pass test. Easy to use, feedback loop makes its use addictive and fun. Most importantly, the explanations enable one to understand how to arrive at the answer using one’s own reasoning (vs. rote learning of Q&A). And the explanations are written by people. I feel as though behind each one is a grizzled Ham operator with their hand on my shoulder, drawing me a picture even I can understand. One answer actually points out that the question omits a key element that would enable reasoning one’s way to the answer. Another tells you that 80% of students get this question wrong because they fail to look at key information supplied in the multiple choice answers.
Doing the test portion is great: progress is tracked, and you are given the option of studying only questions in the sections in which you scored lowest.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HamStudy Org LLC
- 66.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Signal Stuff
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.