*30% off for a limited time*
Introducing Motion Weather 4K: The most insanely beautiful and innovative weather application ever conceived. Motion Weather 4K turns your Wallpaper into breathtaking Cinema quality 4K video based on the Weather conditions outside — and is an excellent weather application in it’s own right. Motion Weather 4K also “knows” when it’s day time and night time and automatically switches to night time 4K videos when it’s night outside! We’ve spent countless hours shooting and licensing some of the highest quality 4K videos in the world to deliver an experience like no other; and then spent even more time developing the app itself.
This application is so crazy, that is has *three* different Preferences Windows: Weather Preferences (Set Weather Options and Locations), Display Preferences (Customize Wallpaper for each display), and the Desklet Manager which lets you add over 30 Desklets to your Desktop that are completely customizable. In addition to adding Desklets to your Desktop individually, you can also set Motion Weather 4K so it automatically adds customized Desklets for each Theme — giving you relative information right on your Desktop when you need it and ensuring your Wallpaper and Desklets will always match.
Motion Weather 4K also features the ability to choose a custom 4K video (with Graphical Theme chooser), includes Unlimited Display support that lets you customize each Display individually, and also has a super efficient video player foundation that can play full 4K videos while consuming less than 5% CPU per display. If that *still* wasn’t enough, we went ahead and built in a 3D Solar System and 3D Planets with live data that can be interacted with manually. With all these features, Motion Weather 4K delivers a breathtaking and soothing experience like no other!
- Automatically changes your Wallpaper based on conditions outside in stunning 4K Ultra HD Video
- Knows when it’s Day or Night time and changes 4K Videos accordingly
- Add up to 30 Desklets to your Desktop allowing full customizability over position, size, font, foreground color, and background color
- Optionally set Desklets to be automatically added and customized for each Theme as the Wallpaper changes
- Choose a Custom 4K Video with Graphical Theme Chooser, turning off automatic Wallpaper updates
- Super efficient Video Player foundation can play full 4K videos while averaging 5% CPU per display
- Main Weather window matches with Wallpaper background
- Works for hundreds of thousands of locations worldwide
- Unlimited Display support
- Unlimited Multiple Locations
- Weather data updates every 15 minutes
- Switch Locations instantly from the Locations Menu
- Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use
- Left-click the Dock Icon to bring up the main Weather window (only if Motion Weather 4K is in the background, if in the foreground choose File > Main Window)
- Left-click on the Menu Bar Item to bring up the Current conditions and Five Day forecast Menu — anywhere system-wide
- Right-Click the Menu Bar Item to bring up a 12-Hour Forecast and Live Interactive 3D Earth; also system-wide
- Click on Five-Day Icon (on the main window) to view detailed Forecast information for that time period (U.S. only)
- Choose a Forecast in the Menu Bar Item to view detailed Forecast information for that time period (U.S. only)
Motion Weather 4K features 4K Videos for the following weather conditions for both day and night (Over 20 4K Videos total!):
- Partly Cloudy
- Mostly Cloudy
- Very Cloudy
- Light Clouds
- Medium Clouds
- Heavy Clouds
- Application is now a Universal Binary
- New App Icon
- Updated User Interface
- Fixed various bugs throughout the application
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t reach developer to get a fix
I love much about the app but little things drive me crazy. Mostly, the wind direction arrow is opposite of what it should be. Come on - its a weather app. A southeast wind blows out of the southeast toward the northwest…. This app has an arrow pointing 180 degress from where it should be. It would be nice if you could change cities from the screen and not the menu. As I said, I love the app for many reasons - but the wind direction arrow just gets under my skin.
Love it - the future of graphics is here
The weather functions and moving wallpaper are awesome! This app has four times the area as a 1080P HD display making it well worth the purchase as it will look great on any additional display purchases I make in the future. It’s a lot of fun letting the wallpaper change automatically or I can just choose or a custom one if I want something different. Overall I love this app!
Love it! Still some bugs
My use case is with three external monitors on a 2015 Macbook Pro. Desklets do not seem to be reloading after reconnecting monitors, sometimes restarting the program will not get them to load as well. Random crashes due to what I can only assume is a background conditions update. Reconnecting multi-monitors sometimes does not load the video loop on all monitors, reloading the program is a work around. Otherwise I love this concept and its a work in progress and getting frequent updates to squash bugs. I get many compliments when people walk by my desk at work because the scenes are beautiful.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mach Software Design
- 752.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Mach Software Design
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.