Movi is a compact filmmaking tool designed to help tell your story. We’ve packed all of our tricks into the world’s most portable, adaptable, and intuitive cinema robot to allow users to execute stunning video quickly and easily.
Note: This app is designed to work with Movi Cinema Robot and functionality will be very limited without a Movi.
• New: Shutter Angle and ISO control. Enable Shutter Angle from camera settings to get cinematic control of exposure, combined with an ISO slider.
• New: Manual Focus Control. Enable Focus Control from Settings > Camera to get a focus slider that works independently from exposure controls.
• New: Auto Exposure With Bias. Exposure slider is now always available, even when exposure is unlocked/auto. Additionally, every time exposure is unlocked, EV bias will be set to -0.3 for overall better exposure.
• New: Anamorphic Preview. Enable preview setting for on-set visualization of the 2:40 anamorphic lenses. Note that this setting is for camera preview, and de-squeezed export is not currently available.
• New: Wide and Tele Lens. iPhones that have dual lenses will now display a 1x/2x button to switch between their lenses.
• New: European frame rates. Select 25fps from Settings > Camera > Base Frame Rate to enable European frame rates. When 25fps is selected, fps button on the camera screen will toggle through 25, 50, 100, and 240fps.
• New: Camera Details View can be enabled from settings to display current shutter speed, ISO, white balance and focus values.
• Changed: Gallery button has moved next to the record button to make room for the new settings.
• Fixed: Need to delete the app when migrating to a new iPhone due to permissions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great companion to the Movi Cinema Robot but...
This app has it all, and with the new update I’m glade we now have control of shutter and the ability to toggle between the dual lenses on the iPhone XS Max. I’ve used the Cinema robot with the moment app and Filmic pro, and they are limited when it comes to using the full features the gimbal is capable of through this app. I think for serious phone filmmakers, it would be awesome and pretty much complete if the app included “LOG” and/or “Flat” picture profiles so we don’t have to leave the app and miss out on all of the excellent features already built in. Pretty please put a LOG profile setting.
Developer Response ,
Great! If you'd like to be up to date with the latest features and potentially be part of the early access group, send us a feedback using the feedback form at https://freeflysystems.com/support/movi-support
I think the app is wonderfully done. Keeps things basic but provides wonderful features that make sense which most iPhone users love to see. Hence the reason they have an iPhone in the first place. I really enjoyed being able to change the sensitivity of the movi within the app. I also enjoyed how the app provides the ability to switch between 1080p and 4K video. I think the developer of this app was really focusing on what is going to make a user’s experience easy but beneficial from using the app. Which they did and I am very pleased with. If your looking for all the bells and whistles like being able to control exposure on the camera then I’d recommend spending the money on a dslr and a movi pro, but the movi and phone is great to capture cinema movies without having to invest a fortune. Cheers!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much, glad you appreciate our focus on user experience. We just released more features in the app for the camera! Tried to keep them as simple and integrated as possible.
Love the Movi and App just missing a few things.
The Movi app works pretty well, i really wish there was better hardware support for the iPhoneX as I would love to switch between the built in Telephoto and Wide angle lens native to the iPhoneX. The Moment lens look cool, but I am not ready for them yet.
It would also be nice if standby mode turned the screen off to keep phone cool while shooting water sports videos from a boat. The movi did pretty well but sometimes would roll depending on GForces.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for feedback!
• Adding Lens options for iPhone X is on our short term roadmap.
• As for roll drift, without a very expensive solution such as a fiber optic gyro, it is very challenging to satisfy all use cases. We could add an acceleration mode in the future that you could enable when you know there will be acceleration.
• You can give feedback in the future by filling out the form at https://gomovi.com/beta
Edit: New beta app includes ability to switch lenses and few more features! You can check it out at gomovi.com/beta . Cheers!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.