MoviePro - the most powerful video recording & film making app with innumerable options. Completely rewritten 7.0 version using latest iOS technologies to unlock the true potential of latest iOS camera devices (iPhone 11 Pro/iPhone 11) along with companion MoviePro Remote app that is now free to download,
• FEATURES •
- Record Video / Timelapse,
- Capture stills while recording,
- Select available cameras on the device (front, back, ultrawide, telephoto, triple lens, dual lens depending on device type)
• Speed Control for Zoom
• 20x zoom with Triple Lens on iPhone 11 Pro
• 10x zoom with Dual Wide/Ultrawide camera on iPhone 11/11 Pro,
• 10x zoom on dual Tele/Wide Angle camera
• 5x zoom for all other lens types
• Single reticle mode (tap to focus)
• Dual reticle mode for adjusting focus & exposure separately
• Manual Focus/Exposure with dual circular sliders (ISO, Shutter Speed, Auto exposure bias, lens position)
• Pull Focus (set A & B values of lens position)
• Preconfigurable Exposure points (A and B)
• Ramp with selectable speed to A or B
- Quick Presets for Recording:
• Choose from a host of video resolutions(4K to 320x180) and aspect ratios (16:9, 4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 17:9, 2:1, 2.35:1, 2.39:1, 2:40:1, 2:75:1, 2.55:1, 2.25:1, 2.20:1, 1.896:1, 1.85:1, 1.81:1)
• Choose frame rate (from 240 fps to 1 fps)
• Choose Video Bitrate and Compression (from 400% to 25% of native camera app)
• Preferred Video Encoder - HEVC or H.264
• Selectable Audio compression
• Uncompress Audio or Silent Audio Options
• Video Stabilization modes - OFF, Standard, or Cinematic
• Battery saver recording mode for low energy consumption and very high FPS accuracy
• Add, delete, modify, rename presets
• Quick selection of preset
- White Balance Controls:
• Auto White Balance
• Lock White Balance
• Adjust Color Temperature/Tint using sliders
• White balance presets (cloudy, shade, sunlight,…)
• Lock White balance by pointing camera to white object
• External microphone support (mic should be compatible with iOS),
• Bluetooth microphone option
• Select preferred builtin microphone
• Mic volume control with mics that support manual audio gain
• Live Audio monitoring through headphones
• Supports AirPods
• Audio meters
- Statistics and Focus/Exposure aid tools **:
• Live Scopes & Monitors (Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope)
• Focus peaking, Zebras, False Colors, Clipping
- Video Export Options
• Option to Record directly in Camera Roll,
• Export to Camera Roll, YouTube, Dropbox
• Export directly to computer from the app using iTunes File Sharing (https://support.apple.com/en-ae/HT201301)
- Inbuilt Video Editor
• Trim, rotate, SlowMo
• Set Aspect ratio, resolution, compression, codec (HEVC/H.264)
•.Adjust Brightness, Saturation, Contrast, Vibrance, Color Balance, Shadows
- Camera UI Settings
• Lock interface to portrait or landscape (make sure Portrait lock on device is not enabled)
• Hide all controls with/without reticles
• Composition Guides - Thirds guide & Symmetry guides option
• Timer to trigger recording
- Gears & Accessories
• Support for Moondog Labs Anamorphic lens
• 35 mm Image flip setting,
- Other Features
• Choose record duration
• Location tag, Copyright info in Video Metadata,
• Switch Cameras while recording,
- Remote control
• Control all features MoviePro camera from another iOS device
• Modify camera settings, trigger recording from remote
• Contact Us •
@movieproapp on Twitter
** Capabilities and features depend on device, pre 2016 devices may not support all features
- Bug fix for crash when pressing i button to access instructions
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use app to make quality videos. Needs more sharing options.
I was having problems with the built in camera app and another free app using an external microphone and washed out faces due to lighting.
I purchased this app because it has an audio meter you can turn on to get visual confirmation your audio is working. After using the app it was great to discover it also gives you confirmation when you connect an external mic and allows you to adjust the input level. This was a great help! This along with the ability to adjust ISO and Shutter allows for superior video over the built in app and the free app I was using.
I would rate this 5 stars if it had integration with Apple’s files app and allowed you to move the files to other apps on your device.
". . . you have made MoviePro the champion of iOS video apps."
I have experimented with a number of iOS video recording/remote control app packages. Marketing promises notwithstanding, the only one that I have found to be reliable under "field" conditions has been the MoviePro/MoviePro Remote set of apps.
As has been true with each software PAC kàge that I attempted to use, there were start up problems that needed tech support help. In MoviePro's case, it wasthe transfer of the recorded footage from my iOS device to my Mac.
Unique to MoviePro was the rapidity and effectiveness of their response. As I told them, "Your file sharing traction made the transfer easy. With this rescue off my video data, you have made MoviePro the champion of iOS video apps for me. For the first time, yesterday, I was able to operate a three camcorder recording of an important event from a chair with a side-tray, rather than standing for two hours (at 81, that matters!), and I felt that I was finally in control of everything that I needed to control. Accessing the video file add the experience perfect. Well done, and thank you for hand-holding me through the necessary problem solving."
Important Features are Always Buggy
I've been using this off and on for last month or so. Basically as soon as I got my iPhone 8+ I wanted a way to record audio using Bluetooth headphones without a separate track and this was it. Just remember to turn down the volume when in the app so you don't hear your voice. Layout is good but a little bit of a learning curve although videos are available. It allows you to have presets and more control overall with a clean see through design.
Problem is the AF, AE, and AWB glitch out a lot causing them to get stuck in the auto modes even if you attempt to refocus them. Fix action for me is to click out of the feature then click back in. I contacted the app maker and we attempted to troubleshoot but he admitted he did not have the iPhone 8+ at the time so figuring out the issue would be difficult. Built-in iPhone camera app works properly but I do like the features of Moviepro if it was reliable. Tried to record a video today only to realize the app froze 55sec in.
App is nice but when all the important features are constantly buggy then what's the point...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.