Designed for iPhone
Mumble - High quality, low latency voice chat
Mumble is a free group voice chat application. It allows you to talk to your friends on the go, and has finally arrived on the iOS platform. Simply find a public server and join it to chat with your friends!
Mumble requires a connection to a server to function. Servers can be rented from commercial hosting companies. The Mumble server software is also available free-of-charge under and open source license, so individuals are free to create their own servers, without limitations. See https://www.mumble.info for more information regarding Mumble servers.
Mumble provides the following features:
• High quality, low latency voice chats via WiFi or 3G using state of the art codecs
• Access to thousands of public servers -- free for you to use when chatting with friends
• Ability to chat with hundreds of thousands of regular users of Mumble around the world
• An easily accessible list of all of your favorite servers
• Connect to and list available Mumble servers on the local network
• SSL/TLS encryption of connections to remote servers; voice data encrypted using OCB2-AES128
• Strong and flexible authentication with remote servers using either passwords or X.509 certificates
• Advanced audio configuration, allowing users to configure the quality and bandwidth
requirements of their transmitted audio (perfect for 3G connections with slow upload)
• Push-to-Talk and Voice Activated audio transmission modes (for hands-free operation)
• Flexible user-to-user and user-to-channel text messaging system for sharing links or images while talking
• Basic user functionality on Mumble servers (server administration not possible)
• Push-to-talk transmission mode.
• Echo cancellation for the built-in microphone.
• Bluetooth headset support.
Mumble is open source software, developed collaboratively on the Internet. Mumble and its server software are available for free, for anyone to use. For more information about Mumble, please visit our website at http://www.mumbleapp.com.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Mumble has been updated to display properly on newer iOS devices.
- Mumble now works in 64-bit mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Works ok in general, however the app stops functioning after upgrade to iOS 16
The app Works well in general, however the app stops functioning after upgrade to iOS 16 and a new iPhone. Clicking on favorite server and public server would make the app quit all together.
Please update the app. Thank you
Would love to see some improvements for use in broadcasting
Hi there, over all, I would say that Mumble works great. I run an online radio station, and would like to see some improvements made, such as an even higher bitrate such as 96 or 128 kbps audio, plus easier use with an audio interface. As of now, if I launch Mumble with the interface connected, it is not recognized. I have to launch mumble and then plug in the interface for audio to be able to output. With input there is no problem, but it will not output to the interface unless I follow the procedure I just described. Also, the ability to continue streaming even if I move in to another app would be great. Plus, even listen to other audio without said audio going out over the broadcast. That would be a good way to make sure that what I hear live is sounding the same on my station. Otherwise, everything works great.
I wish this app worked better- I need it for communication.
First off- as you may already know- this is not the official Mumble app. That’s because there is no official Mumble app. I would pay hard earned cash for an official Mumble app.
This app breaks up constantly - you can’t hold down the button for longer than ten seconds or else it cuts you off and makes you sound like you’re breaking up and having bad connection. I’ve tested this over several connections- both WiFi and phone internet- as well as multiple Mumble locations. The app breaks up badly.
However an app that breaks up badly is better than no app at all. So you can use it- but you can’t hold the button down for longer than ten seconds. You have to break up your sentence.
Good luck, and I’m hoping for an official Mumble app.
The developer, Mikkel Krautz, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mikkel Krautz
- 8.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Mumble Project