Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 11 studio-quality instruments (123 in the full version), a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
AWARDS & REVIEWS OF THE FULL VERSION
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic, dynamically configurable 60-key keyboard (85 in the full version)
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 11 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Sampler to a create custom instrument or kit from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 10 drum loops
• High-quality reverb, resonant filter, compressor and limiter effects
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo, signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
LIMITATIONS OF THE LITE VERSION
• Saving, exporting and sharing is disabled, hence only one song can be created.
• Only 11 instead of 123 instruments are available
• The number of audio tracks is limited to 2 (up to 127 in the full version)
• Only 1 user instrument or kit can be created (unlimited in the full version)
• The keyboard is limited to 5 octaves instead of 7 (85 keys)
• 6 Effects are not available: Delay, EQ, Amp, Phaser, BitCrusher, StereoWidener.
• Only 10 instead of 100 beats
• The full version features Files app support, iTunes file sharing and a WiFi server for exchanging files with your computer.
• MIDI import/export is disabled.
• The full version supports Audiobus and Inter-App Audio.
• No add-on packages (+60 instruments)
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
New in version 2.10:
• MIDI hardware I/O support added (also works with CoreMIDI compatible apps)
• Fixed a bug where touches on the screen edges were ignored
Version 2.10.1 includes an additional minor bug fix.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app, but...
Look, i really love to make trance music on this, specially trance classics which i like to remake in here, but the full version has ethereal pads and more synths which the lite version is missing, would you mind adding only two pads on the lite version? and the synth piano? pleaaaaaaaaase, i really love this app but i can't afford the full version, thanks. u.u
Very good production quality
As a Pop star/ music artist of 25 years in the music business I have used a lot of music APPs/programs and played on a variety of keyboards including Yamaha , Koss and Roland. The maddening thing is a lots of them are severely limiting rather than helping an accomplished artist to achieve the best music production possible. This app is impressive because it has modern up to date editable samples, that are in sync with today's modern music style. A Pop artist like myself doesn't like an expensive cakewalk software suite with a lot of old sounding riffs in the song, I like modern, professional clean sounding and easy to fit in the song. I am almost convinced enough to actually buy the full version. This App has Apple's garage band beat all to heck. Garage band has very few samples, and it's functionality is very limited. I say that having the full professional version of Garage band. This App shows some real promise. I will play around with it a little longer and see, but this app is good quality and is sounding promising and it might just be fit for the music stars!!.
My son and I have fun with this App
My 6 year old son keeps taking my iPad from me when I get this app out. At 1st he sets it to the sound effect, but, then we play with the bass instruments and move around to individual instruments, using the chord pads. Then somewhere I show him how to do a scale.
When he gets bore he presses the intro of the Phantom of the Opera theme that I programmed into it. We don’t get too involved in learning to play music, but he does get to experiment with music and sound, putting things together, every once in a while in a way that really surpasses me. That’s good enough for me right now. Thanks
- Alexander Gross
- 228 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.