Say goodbye to your old paper check register and say hello to the My Check Register app, for your iPhone! This easy to use app works just like the transaction register in your checkbook, but now conveniently located where you’ll never lose it, on your phone.
My Check Register is easy to use and does not need all the glitz and gadgets that come with most financial apps. This app is for those of you like us, who like to know exactly where their money goes and how much they have left over. It can be a hassle having to write everything out and hanging on to receipts to make sure you enter everything in when you get home and have a pen handy. Now you can enter in your transactions immediately and always know your balance, wherever you go. And don’t worry about keeping up with your balance; My Check Register will keep track of that for you, alleviating any human error in your arithmetic.
- Share one register across multiple devices
- Set recurring transactions, either monthly or weekly
- Debits/Credits display in different colors
- Checkmark field to easily view cleared items
- Remembers Transactions that you have used more than once for easier entry
- Search field allow you to search your entire registry for transactions
- Passcode protected to keep your information safe
- Automatically calculates your balance for you, so you never have to worry about the math
- Easily add and edit any transaction you have made
- Export your transactions into a CSV file for your own personal records
- Expanded landscape mode allows you to see check numbers, transaction types, and Debit/Credit columns
- Upgrade to the premium version to share your account with another device, add multiple accounts, and get rid of the ads
Make your life easier with My Check Register, and always know what you have in your account at all times.
- UI Enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Sharing Accounts Glitch
I purchased this app a couple years ago and paid for all upgrades so I could use multiple accounts and share them if necessary. One problem that I have seen once in the past and again most recently is when an account is shared, the ending balance changes to an inaccurate number. It is not clear why this happens and looking through the register entries doesn’t reveal the problem.
I am leaving this review because I have contacted the developer but they have not responded. I have a new device and would like to share my accounts but if the system is going to mess up my figures then I can’t do that.
If you are the developer and you read this review and you care about customer loyalty and retention, please respond to my email.
I don’t hate bills anymore.
I hated sitting down to pay the monthly bills mainly due to bringing the checkbook up to date. We’re down using an actual check maybe 1 time every couple of months. This makes keeping the paper checkbook current more difficult because we pay everything online or through apps on the phone... the checkbook is not always handy to add a payment made on the fly. This app has made keeping our checking account up to date practically effortless. The registry is a touch away when ever I pay a bill, withdraw or deposit from the account. No more planning to sit down with the paper version and sorting out what I paid and when. The wife and I both have the app on our phones and “synced” to where when one of us makes an addition it shows on the others register. Highly recommended for its simplicity and ease of use. Wonder why the banks themselves don’t have similar functions in their own apps. Doesn’t matter, this one serves me perfectly.
Does what it's meant to
First time I've written a review. For the $4 to upgrade to premium (which I believe is a one-time fee), it is doing what it says. I ultimately picked this app because the others appeared to be a subscription service for the syncing, whereas this one does not appear to be a subscription.
I created balances for my shared checking account and two credit cards. I put the app on two phones and one iPad and I've been able to see the balances for each shared account.
I like that I can include my recurring transactions, as that will be helpful in the shared function.
The downside so far is really only in the lack of instructions. It wasn't intuitive at all how to edit my opening balance, though I eventually just edited the # that showed on the account display. Getting the access key to allow for the shared account functionality is described well, but is a bit clunky.
It would be great if the "register" balance could show the current balance as well as the balance with a forward looking view to include the upcoming "recurring" transactions.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Logan Ashcraft
- 38.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Jambo Group LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro Version $4.99
- Add Shared Account & Syncing Functionality $3.99
- Add Multiple Accounts $2.99
- Remove Ads $1.99