Say goodbye to your old paper check register and say hello to the My Check Register app, for your iPhone! This easy to use app works just like the transaction register in your checkbook, but now conveniently located where you’ll never lose it, on your phone.
My Check Register is easy to use and does not need all the glitz and gadgets that come with most financial apps. This app is for those of you like us, who like to know exactly where their money goes and how much they have left over. It can be a hassle having to write everything out and hanging on to receipts to make sure you enter everything in when you get home and have a pen handy. Now you can enter in your transactions immediately and always know your balance, wherever you go. And don’t worry about keeping up with your balance; My Check Register will keep track of that for you, alleviating any human error in your arithmetic.
- Share one register across multiple devices
- Set recurring transactions, either monthly or weekly
- Debits/Credits display in different colors
- Checkmark field to easily view cleared items
- Remembers Transactions that you have used more than once for easier entry
- Search field allow you to search your entire registry for transactions
- Passcode protected to keep your information safe
- Automatically calculates your balance for you, so you never have to worry about the math
- Easily add and edit any transaction you have made
- Export your transactions into a CSV file for your own personal records
- Expanded landscape mode allows you to see check numbers, transaction types, and Debit/Credit columns
- Upgrade to the premium version to share your account with another device, add multiple accounts, and get rid of the ads
Make your life easier with My Check Register, and always know what you have in your account at all times.
- User Interface Optimisations
- Bug Fixes
- Contains analysis option in export transactions to help fix the issue of off-range exports
Ratings and Reviews
Sharing Accounts Glitch
I purchased this app a couple years ago and paid for all upgrades so I could use multiple accounts and share them if necessary. One problem that I have seen once in the past and again most recently is when an account is shared, the ending balance changes to an inaccurate number. It is not clear why this happens and looking through the register entries doesn’t reveal the problem.
I am leaving this review because I have contacted the developer but they have not responded. I have a new device and would like to share my accounts but if the system is going to mess up my figures then I can’t do that.
If you are the developer and you read this review and you care about customer loyalty and retention, please respond to my email.
Does what it's meant to
First time I've written a review. For the $4 to upgrade to premium (which I believe is a one-time fee), it is doing what it says. I ultimately picked this app because the others appeared to be a subscription service for the syncing, whereas this one does not appear to be a subscription.
I created balances for my shared checking account and two credit cards. I put the app on two phones and one iPad and I've been able to see the balances for each shared account.
I like that I can include my recurring transactions, as that will be helpful in the shared function.
The downside so far is really only in the lack of instructions. It wasn't intuitive at all how to edit my opening balance, though I eventually just edited the # that showed on the account display. Getting the access key to allow for the shared account functionality is described well, but is a bit clunky.
It would be great if the "register" balance could show the current balance as well as the balance with a forward looking view to include the upcoming "recurring" transactions.
I downloaded this app many years ago and it has been great! I wanted something to use to keep track of my everyday transactions so I don’t accidentally overdraw in my bank account. I didn’t want an app that synced with my accounts and this doesn’t make you. It is great to use if you keep up with the transactions. Every paycheck I get I type it in the app and pay all my bills and record that in the app and I also put in the upcoming auto payments then when I’m finished I see what I have left to use till my next paycheck. I’m very happy that this app has kept going. This is one of the oldest apps I have kept on my phone and I just thought I’d let you know how much I love it. It has really helped me financially. Thank you!
- Logan Ashcraft
- 32.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Jambo Group LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro Version $3.99
- Add Multiple Accounts $1.99
- Remove Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.