- Made introduction to Coach more prominent.
- Introduced easier access to Coach throughout the training journey.
- Restored partner sync for easier tracking.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I love most things about this app
This app is great at creating an effective training plan for me. However, there are some things about the app that I do not like. I do not sync my Fitbit with it because if you use the Fitbit and the app to track your run, it logs it as 2 separate runs. If I just use the Fitbit to track the run, then I don’t get the app’s feedback while I’m running. The problem with using the app to track my run is that I have to start it on the phone, which is fine for a training run, but not ideal during a race. So, my current frustration is that I’m trying to enter my race manually, but I am unable to enter it as a race because that is not an option. I would love to see a fix for this or get some feedback on how to do this. If this were not an issue, I would have given a 5 star rating.
Quirky app but good concept
I have been using the app now over a month training for a half. I like that it customizes based on what you want your schedule to be. I also like that it updates based on your progress and the integration with Strava is great.
What I don’t like...
-I have only been able to view the entire plan 1 time. Now it won’t load that far out...my half is June 3 and that was as of April 24.
-Today it won’t let me in the app, stops me on a screen saying welcome back and asks what subscription I want. I have a subscription already. I even try to select a new subscription and it tells me I’m subscribed. Now I’m stuck in subscription screen limbo and can’t see my training plan. I can’t remember what my run is supposed to be today. I contacted support and have heard nothing back. Seriously?!
- back when I could get in the app, I dislike being forced to put mileage in for cross training days. Some cross training days there is no mileage involved but I have to enter mileage even if it was yoga.
- adding any cross training is tedious
- I’ve emailed the “coaches” and never gotten a response
- the drill video links don’t work, so I never do the drills
All in all the idea is good I like the progress I have seen in following this plan. This is my third time training for a a half but my first time with this plan. I’m glad I’m on the monthly plan. If I can ever get back in I will finish this training and never use it again.
Overall very pleased with the app, but two things I hope can be in the next (or very soon) update:
(1) Any manual updates I make in the app to a workout imported from Apple Health seem to be overwritten the next time the app syns with Health. There needs to be a backend flag to either not import previously sync’d workouts or to not reimport if the workout has been updated by the user
(2) Needs an Apple Watch app the allows me to start/execute my training plan workouts from the watch. I don’t run with my phone and have zero desire to start.
- Focus-N-Fly, Inc.
- 77.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Focus-N-Fly, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- My Run Plan $9.99
- My Run Plan $49.99
- My Run Plan $64.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.