Our new all-in-one App for Subways, Buses, and LIRR and Metro-North trains gives you everything you need to optimize your travels:
- Personalized Trip Planning
- Planned and Unplanned Service Change Information
- Real-time Arrivals & Schedules
- Find Nearby Stations & Stops with the Click of a Button
- Live Tracking of Bus Locations on Both a Line Map and Geographic Map; Know Instantly How Many Stops and Minutes Away Your Bus Is
- Add Favorites to Allow for One-Click Views of the Information Most Important to You
- Personalized Text and Email Alerts
The New York MTA is proud to present our customers with MYmta, an app designed for our customers based upon feedback directly from our customers. Tell us about the features you want, the data you need, and how you want to receive it!
MYmta provides a personalized experience across all transit services for daily commuters and tourists alike! It is a great tool for optimizing all your New York Metro transportation needs.
Our latest update changes the default service statuses you’ll see for subways, buses, Metro-North, and Long Island Rail Road. Now, the service status will only describe current service disruptions or schedule modifications, to help you make informed travel decisions at-a-glance.
Here's what you'll see:
· When subway trains or buses are on schedule or have no active disruptions, you'll see "No Active Alerts" instead of “Weekday/Weekend Service”
· When commuter rail branches are on schedule or have no active disruptions, you’ll see “On or Close”
· Need to wait on a different platform or at a different bus stop? Look for a new "Boarding Change" alert with details.Thank you for riding with us!
Ratings and Reviews
Not for NYers
This is really designed for tourists who have no idea what the subway is... that said, the interface is also just as confusing as train service on a weekend. So, good luck tourists!! Too many links that require you to go to a website and take you off the app. Why go on the app if I need to leave it? No easy way to quickly see when the next train is coming for a specific line/stop without going through a much of clicks, or unless you favorite every possible subway line you’ll ever take, at which point, what’s the point in favoriting? And it’s weird... this app seems to do everything except what people want it to do. Tell us which trains are arriving when and how about to get there. Yes, you can do that... but it takes so many steps. Save yourself the download space and don’t get this.
I want the old app back
This app is trying to be too much! The old app that just tracked train times was much more user friendly and more consistent. This app is way less user friendly - for the subway stops that share with the shuttle it shows up as the same train so you really have to pay attention instead of it showing as a different train. If someone is not as familiar with the destination of the train, you will be confused. It also switches the downtown and uptown depending on the station. For my station in Brooklyn it’s downtown on top and then uptown on bottom, while other stations are reverse. That can cause a lot of confusion since it’s so inconsistent and it really should be uniform throughout the app. I want the old app to be supported again! Much better usage and got the job done
Bloated UI, inconsistent (sometimes inconceivable) performance.
For example: This app will sometimes show it is tracking busses in real-time, shows the bus arriving at a stop, then show the bus moving along the route...but nothing even came to the stop you’ve been standing out for 10 minutes. So what is it tracking, exactly? Bizarre and frustrating when you’re trying to choose between two route options based on arrival times.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MTA/New York City Transit
- 100.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Metropolitan Transportation Authority
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.