The official RidePATH app provides real time countdown information, schedules, trip-planning, and alerts - all in one convenient place.
We heard your feedback and now real-time has your favorites! The app now defaults to real-time results as soon as you open it! Faster response with real-time now as well:
· Get Real Time countdown clocks in the app
· Look up train schedules by station – even when underground
· View PATHAlert notifications pushed to your phone as you approach the station*
· Set your favorite stations so your normal commute schedule is easily accessible
· Quickly and easily plan your next PATH trip
· Find the PATH station closest to your current location*
· Find parking near a PATH station
· Access both geographic and system maps
PATH is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
*some capabilities require smartphone Bluetooth and GPS to be active
RidePATH 5.1.0 Release Notes
• Schedule updates will process faster under most circumstances
• Dark Mode can be set independent of device settings
• Various maintenance and bug fixes
NOTE: Users will be prompted to accept the Port Authority Privacy Statement. Please refer to the PANYNJ Privacy Statement for data collection and use.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t make me choose!
I work unusual hours. I frequent more than two stations depending on the time of day. Let me pick 3 or 4 favorite stations! Don’t limit me, 2 favorites is not enough for some folks. I use this app a lot to help me commute efficiently, just offering some helpful feedback to make it better.
Been waiting 6 years for a ‘real time’ feature for Path scheduling. Was incredibly frustrating in the past, especially on weekends, to plan your day around a train departure and then miss it because it came 5 min early and then have to wait up to 30 for the next one. Just the real time option on this app inspires 5 stars from me. Other options are also appreciated, like the saved favorites, though you should be able to save more than one favorite route and then scroll through them quickly whenever wanted.
The app is quite visually helpful, but it appears to only show scheduled departures. So, where the app says the next train to leave the WTC is a Hoboken train, all too often a Newark train comes in after the Hoboken train, but leaves before the Hoboken train, and vice versa.
This is annoying because the trains leave from different platforms, and since PATH does not provide announcements about which train is actually leaving first, this app ends up providing frustration for those passengers who only want to go to Exchange Place. This occurs at least once or twice a week.
The app also does not take into account trains that are taken out of service late in the rush hour. So while there may be a 10:12 train leaving on the Newark platform, when it arrives and is marked “no passengers,” you may or may not have time to get to the Hoboken platform and the train that is sitting there, ready to leave.
Until PATH IT improves its software to be more accurate, I recommend not bothering to download it, remove it if you already have it, or ignore its information for now, or at least take that information with a large grain of salt.
Maybe this app will be useful in some future version.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Port Authority of NY NJ
- 95.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 The Port Authority of NY & NJ