Tap into the power of the Emerald Club® with the National Car Rental® app. We’ve made the app better and faster than ever with features to help you take control of your rental experience on the go.
Speed & convenience in the palm of your hand
• As an Emerald Club member, profile details are automatically applied so reservations are easier than ever
• Access current and upcoming trip information as well as past rental history
• Search National locations worldwide and view location details, like hours of operation, addresses and phone numbers – even get arrival directions to the lot
• Contact roadside assistance or 24/7 customer support, and access frequently asked questions.
Tools for the Control Enthusiast
• Rental Tracker℠ provides you with timely and important information about your rental when you need it.
• Manage your Emerald Club profile, view your progress to the next Emerald Club tier and credits toward free rental days.
• Extend your rental directly from the app by simply choosing a new return date.
Virtually everything you need to get on the road
• With Emerald Checkout℠, you can take control to a whole new level at Emerald Aisle locations. Scan a vehicle in the aisle (and view details like mileage and features), confirm your rental options and accelerate your exit process with a Virtual Pass barcode.
• Choose your vehicle from virtually anywhere with Virtual Aisle℠ (available at select locations). Upon arrival, use the app to choose a specific vehicle (with details like mileage and features) and we’ll hold it for 15 minutes so you can show your Virtual Pass, get the keys and go.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been renting from different Rental Agencies over the last 16 years. I am here to tell you that none of them can compete with National when it comes to Customer Service and Rates. I never looked back since joining the National Rewards Program years ago. Fyi: If one employee is professional, just get the manager and all your problems will be solved. If Airport gives you issues then you call customer service and they can mediate all your issues. Not hard at all. So far, My Family and I are enjoying the free day rentals and points from National. Oh and did I mention you get to pick your own car? I understand it is only for major locations but it is worth it.
stay in your lane
As long as you’re an Emerald club member and use Emerald aisle and quick drop off, you’ll be fine. It’s when you deviate from that by questioning a charge, vehicle problems, free rental day use or go to the counter for any reason at all that the problems occur. National customer service is the opposite of what it should be. They seem to find every reason to deflect responsibility and offer no recourse. I had one “gentlemen” at Charlotte airport tell me I was privileged to think the car I reserved should be available when I arrived. Also, arrive at Montréal airport later in the day. Expect to see an empty parking lot with 10 people standing in line. Not an isolated incident, twice in 3 months. Aside from those encounters, I always check to see if my destination does not offer Emerald aisle service or worse yet, is run by a franchisee for National. If so, I rent elsewhere.
I’m a frequent traveler with Executive Elite Status for the last several years so my opinion is not based only on the experiences above. National has been fairly consistent in their arrogance and lack of customer service over the years. Emerald aisle is the only thing that keeps me from changing companies.
First time awful experience with National
I have been an Executive elite member of Emerald National for over 10 years. Been renting from National for over 10 Years.
Never had any issue except this time around. The vehicle had no working windshield fluid, no fluids in the reservoir and after I added my own it did not work meaning it was not working at all. Here in Montreal and travel to QC I had to stop frequently to clean the windshield so I could actually see where I was going. Really risky.
Also my very first time experience with CS at National to change drop off location CS rep and even the supervisor really played it ignorant and tried to push me to the rental pick up location in Montreal which the location never ever pick up their phone. CS basically tried to pass the responsibility to the location and they would not even stay on the phone to see if anyone will pick up so they could probably have a different approach if they did not.
I guess there is always a first for every thing. I will continue renting with National but no longer at Montreal airport location.
- National Car Rental
- 100.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 National Car Rental
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.