Stay on track with the free National Rail Enquiries App, Great Britain’s number one destination for train timetables and travel information. Get live train times and cheap tickets from all the major train line operators.
National Rail Enquiries lets you plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys across the Great Britain train network with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can check timetables, set up travel alerts, find out about disruptions fast, track your train and save your favourite journeys. You can also search for cheap train tickets.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator so you can find the cheapest fares. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train departure home and get relevant live updates from across the network at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions on the line along your route.
• Live Train Times - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station in Great Britain.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress across the network with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get timetable disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• London Underground and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and get the best route planner to the nearest station
• Alert Me - Get notified of your next train, its platform number and any known delays as you approach your departure station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app which syncs with your smartphone. At a glance, learn about any disruption to your travel plans and view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up-to-the-minute updates on your favourite journeys.
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations on lines nearest to you.
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move.
• Receive notifications of any timetable delays to network rail services.
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
National Rail Enquiries gives you live times and all the journey planner information you need about fares so you can buy cheap tickets for all journeys with the major train line operators across Great Britain:
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
Great Western Railway
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Find all the information you need about train fares and times then buy the cheapest tickets fast. Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
We’ve added the new Veteran’s railcard, a new station and have updated our Cycle policy, as well a few bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App stuck and can't purchase tickets
I was able to make a purchase of one ticket which several times to do before it finally submitted. When I tried to do another purchase, I clicked tickets, picked my time and then hit buy now and kept being taken back to the results from my previous purchase. Tried refreshing, reload downloading the app and neither of that worked. Giving up on the app
Remove (or fix) Purchase Option
After entering all (including card) details, an error “something went very, very wrong” comes up. Try PayPal: the log in screen loads BEHIND your little message so it is also totally useless.
On a positive note, the price is slightly better than direct via the train company’s website, so another painful experience (that shouldn’t be needed by this stage) finally allowed me to purchase the tickets I needed.
TOTALLY BAD EXPERIENCE
Worst App Ever
I do t know where to begin. I would say that monkeys wrote this app, but that would be an insult to monkeys.
When you click on 'tickets' to purchase your tickets, the app rarely finds a route even though the app itself has selected a route to and from your destination. After the app says it cannot find a route, it wants you to re-enter your travel info on a completely different screen. Once you do so, the app hangs and you have to exit the app and start this loop all over again.
If, by some miracle, you advance after you click the tickets button to put in your seat preferences, etc., once you enter your email address and click "continue as guest", the app hangs. Why yes, I have tried registering. The app does not think my phone number is legitimate, which means you cannot register.
I am trying to buy round trip tickets to Exeter. The app has been hung for the last 34 minutes.
In 10 days (I installed the app 10 days ago), I have only been able to purchase tickets once.
Horrible piece of work.
- Train Information Services Limited
- 39.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Train Information Services Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.