Trusted by 3M+ women over 10 years. Awarded Best Birth Control app by Healthline and Bestapp.com. 100% hormone-free contraception. No prescription is needed. Scientifically proven to be 93% effective with typical use and 98% effective with perfect use. FDA cleared.
○ The NC° app uses your body temperature to track ovulation so you know exactly when you're fertile – and what days you can/cannot get pregnant.
○ The NC° app adapts to your unique cycle, even if it’s irregular.
○ No hormones, no side effects, no pills or procedures – birth control revolutionized.
○ Scientifically proven to be effective: 93% effective with typical use, and 98% effective with perfect use.
○ Sign up to NC° Annual subscription for a FREE thermometer, and start measuring today!
○ Offers advanced data protection – Natural Cycles will never sell your data.
○ Get daily fertility insights + personal ovulatory patterns to help with your natural family planning needs.
○ The NC° app features customizable mood trackers, great for getting to know your body better.
○ Measure your temperature by wearing an Oura Ring or Apple Watch Series 8 or newer (while you sleep), or with the NC° Thermometer (in the morning).
○ Get reimbursed for your NC° subscription – US users are now covered by insurance.
Natural Cycles is more than a period tracker. Most other fertility tracking apps assume your cycle is 28 days long, even though 87% of women have cycle lengths that don't fit into the 28 day pattern... We understand that birth control is not a one-size-fits-all. Your cycle is unique to you! Our algorithm uses personalized temperature data to confirm your ovulation, reducing the risk of you being assigned an incorrect fertile day. Unlike period trackers, the NC° app allows you to identify your fertility status daily, so you can prevent pregnancy or plan for it with greater precision.
From birth control to planning pregnancy and every cycle in between – Natural Cycles is there for you with each stage of your fertility journey. Still not sure? Download the app and test out our Demo Mode. The app supports syncing with Apple Health.
*E. Berglund Scherwitzl et al. “Perfect-use and typical-use Pearl Index of a contraceptive mobile app”, Contraception, Volume 96, Issue 6, 420 - 425.
○ Annual subscription (and FREE NC° Thermometer): $119.99/year
○ Monthly subscription: $14.99/month
○ We recommend a minimum of 2-3 cycles to get the most out of your Natural Cycles subscription.
○ Our subscription fee helps to protect you and your data. Many free apps work by selling their users’ data to third parties for advertising. Privacy is non-negotiable for us; we will never sell your data.
○ Natural Cycles does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Use a condom to protect against STIs.
○ No method of birth control is 100% effective. Even when using the birth control app perfectly, there is still a chance of getting pregnant.
○ Natural Cycles is for women over the age of 18.
○ Natural Cycles is only available as a method of birth control in the US and in Europe.
○ To use Natural Cycles, you need to understand English or one of the supported languages.
An updated app with small tweaks, just for you!
Ratings and Reviews
Understanding the complexities of ovulation cycles is hard enough. Thankfully, Natural Cycles aims to make the monitoring process a whole lot less stressful. By logging just a few vital signs, the app’s powerful algorithm can help predict crucial fertility windows, pregnancy, or even potential miscarriages. We’re also impressed by Natural Cycles’ clear, intuitive design—no cold waiting rooms to be found here.
My husband and I use this app to aide us in NFP. It has been amazingly accurate and so great! I think what this app does to empower women to learn about their bodies and take charge of their fertility in a healthy and natural way cannot be understated. Thank you so much for this wonderful tool! If I could make a suggestion though, it would be maybe to tweak the wording of a particular message. I had my profile set to prevent pregnancy mode as my husband and I have not been actively trying for a baby. However, we are a couple who is open to life, so there are times (through no fault in the app) that we are knowingly intimate on a red day. I just found out that I am expecting and hit the follow pregnancy function. I was disheartened to get the message that said you were sorry I got pregnant while in prevent pregnancy mode. Now, granted I am someone who looks at all new life as a joy and a blessing, regardless of it being planned or unplanned, but for someone who may be more surprised and scared about an unplanned pregnancy may take that message to heart and it can be really discouraging. May I suggest that regardless of the mode a cycler is in, that you greet them with a message of joy and encouragement? Instead of “we’re sorry”, just say “congratulations” and then go ahead and have them take the survey you put in the message. This app is so amazing at spreading positivity and empowering women and I just think that should consistently be represented throughout.
My husband and I have been using Natural Cycles birth control for 6 months now. I started it 4 months before my wedding so I could get used to it. It’s been easy to use, I take my temperature every morning, log them in the app and take LH tests when recommended. I have a very regular cycle and get about 60% non-fertile days. The algorithm is cautious, I find it unlikely at least with my regular cycles that it would fail. The articles are also helpful and the app feels supportive. This has been an intuitive to use means of family planning that didn’t require me to make any charts. We hope to use the plan pregnancy version in the future.
I do wish that the app would let you add multiple LH tests in a day. I usually take 2 just to be sure. The only real complaint I would have is that the provided thermometer is not backlit, so you need to have a light source to read it in the morning and that while it does have the ability to view your previous temperature it only shows on the screen for a split-second and I have definitely missed it a couple of times.
Also just an FYI their store is really expensive, you can find those things lots cheaper elsewhere. We did make the mistake of buying the app without looking for discounts and there are some available. So don’t make that mistake.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NaturalCycles Nordic AB
- 61.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © NaturalCycles Nordic AB
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $14.99
- Annual $119.99
- Yearly with 7 day trial $119.99