The Oura smart ring and app help you to live your life to the fullest; so that you feel well-rested and energetic, ready to take on the day. Start learning your optimal times to move, eat and take a break to get the restorative sleep you need to stay balanced.
ADVANCED SLEEP TRACKING
Get a detailed view on your sleep quality, sleep stages (deep, light, REM and awake time), sleep rhythms and long-term sleep trends.
OPTIMAL BEDTIME WINDOW
Oura gives you an optimal bedtime window to help ensure more restorative sleep and good recovery from daily mental and physical strain. Your optimal bedtime is based on your personal sleep patterns and physiological responses tracked over weeks and months.
ALIGN TO YOUR BODY CLOCK
Get actionable insights and guidance for improving your sleep quality and aligning your lifestyle to your own circadian rhythm.
OPTIMIZE YOUR RECOVERY
Your daily readiness score helps you learn to identify days that are ideal for challenging yourself, and those that are better for taking it easy.
RESTING HEART RATE & HEART RATE VARIABILITY
Track changes and trends in your night-time resting heart rate and heart rate variability.
NIGHT-TIME BODY TEMPERATURE
Continuous night-time body temperature tracking enables you to keep track of daily, weekly and monthly body temperature variations around your own baseline.
PERSONALIZED ACTIVITY GOAL
Oura gives you personal activity goal that adjusts daily based on your recovery status and readiness to perform.
Track your daily movement and exercise, steps, calorie burn, and get insights for balancing your training and recovery.
Keep track of your sedentary time and get notified when it's time to get up and move.
Follow your progress by keeping track of daily, weekly and monthly trends in your sleep, recovery and activity.
CONNECT WITH THE HEALTH APP
Share your sleep and activity details with the Health app.
OURA CLOUD ONLINE DASHBOARD
Dig deeper into your data, discover trends and correlations and export your data using your personal Oura Cloud online dashboard.
Haven’t got an Oura ring yet? Visit ouraring.com to learn more.
- NEW: We’re excited to launch Moment, Oura’s brand new feature that helps you see how meditation, breathing exercises and relaxation affect your body. With Moment, you can track your resting heart rate and HRV on demand, and create time in your day to recharge and re-energize. To take your first Moment, tap the + button in the home view.
- Firmware version 1.19.1 includes our fine-tuned HRV algorithm, which allows us to better capture exceptionally high HRV readings (over 150 ms). Users who have previously spotted gaps in their HRV graphs should now see more solid curves. As a result of improved data quality, you may also see a maximum 5 point increase in HRV numbers around 10-40 ms.
- A bunch of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a tool, not an answer
First this is a fantastic product for tracking and understanding trends. It’s functionality with the app, and the fact that it’s a ring is incredible.
Second, HRV and heart rate are starting to fade out in terms of accurate assessment as HRV systems are not all the same... you will see in Formula1 racing they no longer use these things. Nonetheless, it’s decent for the public to play with. Oura does not track heart rate or HRV very clearly. I’ve tested this against several other products and devices. Most of which are incredibly well tested. Ive spoken with several other users, and they are getting the same information. For instance, when Oura tells me my RHR was 58 last night, then I put on a medical grade HR/SPO2 monitor and sit down (mind you I’m not lying down asleep) and my HR is at 52, that is a significant difference in terms of testing. This is a problem. BUT, I digress and will say that the ability to track over time and see where you make specific changes or trends is great, and the portability is top notch. $299+ will need to change... but there are plenty of “hackers” afraid of dying who will gladly pay for the next technological product to get them further away from feeling what they are plenty capable of feeling without the tech.
Great, but could be better
I love the Oura ring and the ability to track my sleep and activity that comes in this app. There are 2 reasons I gave the app 3 stars:
1. I don’t like that going to sleep really late or getting a very brief night of sleep doesn’t track as a night of sleep. For example, when I only got 2 hrs of sleep last night (between 4-6 am) it simply tracked as rest, instead of sleep, and didn’t lower the required calories in the activity tracker section like it would on any other night where I’m sleep deprived(i.e. 4-5 hrs of sleep). It simply kept my required calories at the same heightened number it had me at when I was well rested (i.e. >7-8 hrs of sleep), and I lost a night of tracking my sleep because the duration of my sleep was too short for the app to consider it “worth” tracking.
2. I wish there was an alarm function to wake you up during a phase of sleep that makes you less likely to hit the snooze button(i.e. waking you up during REM or light sleep instead of deep sleep like the Sleep Cycle app does as it also tracks your sleep)
Great for sleep
Great for tracking sleep but as an athlete my active energy is generally well above the daily goals set by Oura, which over time affects my readiness. I wish there was some level of customization like adding in training schedules so you can work your overall readiness around your workouts instead of having them compete.
That said, my sleep has improved since using the app quite dramatically so it’s been well worth it in that regard.
Only real downside is it doesn’t sync with many other apps besides Apple Health, which I’ve had some issues with source data carrying back and forth correctly. Suggested apps that can sync into oura would be the Polar Apps for activity tracking when ring can’t be worn, and Strava which more accurately calculates distance.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.