With the NETGEAR Insight app, network discovery, setup, monitoring and management can now be done in the palm of your hand – anytime, anywhere.
Unlike most network management solutions, NETGEAR Insight is a complete unified network management solution built specifically for the SMB market.
With the easy, user friendly networking experience, NETGEAR Insight app enables multi-device configuration, network management, monitoring, and service deployment of select NETGEAR wireless, storage and switching devices either locally or remotely.
* Manage multiple network locations from one screen
* Unified cloud management of both wired and wireless networks
* Instant discovery of your network devices
* Unified and simplified multi-device configuration
* Intuitive mobile user experience and remote access with cloud network monitoring and management
* No additional need for cloud controller, appliance, network manager, or PC/server
NETGEAR Insight Managed Devices:
* Insight Managed Wireless Access Points – Meeting the need for higher bandwidth, multi-user support
* Insight Managed Switches — Networking made simple
* ReadyNAS Storage — Powerful, scalable
NETGEAR Insight Cloud Portal now available at https://insight.netgear.com.
- Fixes crashes under device dashboard and Signup screens.
- Fixes issue in OrbiPro firmware update screen showing “reboot” button incorrectly.
- Fixes issue on-boarding ReadyNAS device through WiFi scan discovery.
- Allows special characters such as spaces, hyphens, commas, and period marks in names for configuration backup.
- Allows different public domains to be used in email addresses when creating new Insight accounts.
- Fixes PoE consumption color-coding issues for switches.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredible is an understatement
I was hesitant to replace the Apple Airport Extreme Base Stations in my business as they have done their job. Unfortunately, I have way more WiFi devices that I needed to support and it was time for a commercial grade solution.
After a lot of research and taking to Linksys and Netgeae individually I decided to go with the Access Point and Managed POR switches that are cloud managed by their Insight Platform.
I couldn’t be happier. From setup to ease of use of the app. It has been an amazing experience.
Not impressed & it’ll cost ya
OK Netgear, people actually use their iPad horizontally not vertically. And some actually type either on the screen or with a keyboard and the keyboard is horizontal. OMG if its designed for iPad, at least test it on an actual iPad. Or even an iPhone for that matter. Think horizontal. My second issue is: REALLY? You are going to charge per device? OMG just another way to extract money from your loyal base. The third issue is the extreme labor intensive way to add each device. Seriously there is no option to have it search an existing, functioning network and you simply supply the password for all or each device? Unbelievable. And create another account/password and alternately use Facebook credentials as an alternative? Please think about IT security. On the positive side, the interface is very pretty. The layout from what I saw before I gave up was clear and appeared easy to work with. But I suspect very few will have the time/patience to set this up and then find themselves with another yearly/monthly $ draw from their assets. Netgear makes great products and this app, if fixed, should be FREE as it would encourage more purchases of their products.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your input. We are working on improving the tablet support and the device onboarding flow for future versions of the app.
Not designed for iDevices
Or at least nobody bothered to test it. Couldn’t create a new account. Period. But along the way I fount hat I couldn’t even tap the create a new account link on an iPhone because the keyboard covers it an the is no scroll. If you have an account, fine. Otherwise, Tantalus.
So I switched to my iPad. Now there is enough room to see the link. But guess what? It doesn’t work. Seriously!
Developer Response ,
On the iPhone, you should be able to click Enter on the keyboard two times to skip email/password to see the "Create Account" link.
On the iPad, we would like to get more information on what didn't work for you. Can you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help? Thank you in advance.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- 181.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Netgear Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.