Neverwinter Nights is a classic Dungeons & Dragons RPG— enhanced for iOS! Explore 100+ hours of gameplay including the original campaign, plus six free DLC adventures. Play solo or team up with friends for a grand adventure across the Forgotten Realms.
Optimized for iPads
Recommended for iPhones with screen sizes of 7 inches or larger
Neverwinter Nights (Classic Campaign)
Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC)
Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC)
Kingmaker (Free DLC)
ShadowGuard (Free DLC)
Witch’s Wake (Free DLC)
Adventure Pack (Free DLC)
Re-engineered UI for iPads and iPhones
- Virtual joystick and context sensitive button makes gameplay easy
- UI Scales automatically or can be set to your liking
- Adventure with friends!
- Cross-play support includes compatibility with mobile, tablets, computers and consoles
- Join persistent worlds, with community-run campaigns and up to 250 players
- Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for cleaner graphics and visuals
- Adjustable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options
Neverwinter Nights (Original Campaign)
You find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.
Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC Expansion)
Another adventure begins in the updated expansion, Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC Expansion)
This expansion continues the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide. Journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.
Three Premium Modules (Free DLC)
Discover over 40 hours of new Dungeons & Dragons adventures across the Forgotten Realms in these premium modules for Neverwinter Nights:
- Witch’s Wake
- Adventure Pack
©2020 Beamdog. ©2020 Wizards of the Coast LLC. All Rights Reserved. Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons & Dragons, Neverwinter Nights, and D&D are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. Hasbro and its logo are registered trademarks of HASBRO, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
UPDATE [08/24/2020]: Fix to Scrolls!
- Learning spells from scrolls no longer causes the game to crash.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Port with Minor Issues
I started playing this game on the iPad because I like the portability factor. I played it when it originally came out and seems pretty true to the original. I like the setting but it is a little static because it’s a relatively early crpg game. The main issue I have is that I bought all of the premium modules, but I can’t seem to get them to install. All I get is a white box with a line with only the word cancel in it. Is there something I am missing or is there another program that has to be install. All of the premium modules now say install but they won’t. I think this iPad port has great potential. I really like that the classics have been ported to this platform.
Updated Review. I can download all the DLC but tyrants of moonsea. It just stops downloading around 6 or 7 seconds and then asks me to install again. The game plays great and the touch screen seems to work well but it was a little confusing at first when you are used to PC edition. It is really nice having this as a game on the iPad.
Correction: Managed to install after 7th time trying. I look forward to playing it.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Do you use iOS 14 Beta by chance?
Good, But No Toolset
OK, actual review time.
Lots of bugs.
1) The inventory radial menu icon does nothing.
2) Sometime highlights from one item appear when looking at another item from another chest.
3) There really needs to be some form of toolset implementation.
4) It still has an occasional memory leak, which was left over from. The PC/Mac game. Every once in a while, on a reload, everything drops to like 1 FPS or less.
5) The NPC AI needs to be improved a tad, your henchmen and familiars, etc. can box you into tight space and then not move.
6) You need to be able to tell familiars and animal companions to NOT attack chests. They will do it forever.
7) Marrok, the blacksmith guy, sometimes just wont make a recipe. The parts are there, he is there, but, nope–
8) The main character will often, all of a sudden, just stop doing anything when in the midst of a fight. Usually the PCs track new targets very well, but sometimes the main one just decides to stand there for a while, no condition or effect on them, and do nothing, even when gettin hit. I have tested this one a bunch. It mostly happens when a lot of action is going on.
Please, make the toolset another app, and use Files to transfer new stuff to the game. It could not be that hard. The toolset is really what made this game special.
The best D&D game on iOS thus far!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of the greatest Dungeons & Dragons game you can get for your mobile devices. A very good port from the original PC version. The extra modules that are available for an added purchase are phenomenal and highly recommend by this Dungeons & Dragons fan.
The only game that would beat Neverwinter Nights would be D&D Online. I don’t think that will be coming out to mobile anytime soon.
So, if you love the Balders Gate series to include Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale and Planes of Torment, you will absolutely fall in love with Neverwinter Nights. The best role playing game on iOS mobile to date. This is a must have for all Dungeons & Dragons fans and for anyone who just likes RPG’s in general. You’ve got to get this game, it is a classic “just have” game of all times. Buy it now!!!! You’ll be happy you did. Mark my words.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear that! Enjoy!
- Overhaul Games Inc.
- 3.6 GB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2020 Beamdog
- In-App Purchases
- Adventure Pack
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.