NextBus Mobile Application has following major functionalities:
1. Find real-time ETA for nearby stops instantly.
2. Find walking directions from the current location to the nearest stop.
4. Save favorite agency, route and stop.
5. Find all or nearby Transit agencies.
6. Restore default setting such as favorite stops etc.
7. Get Help and learn how to use the application.
8. Send comments/questions/complaints to NextBus or Transit Agency.
9. Expand arrival information for selected agency/route/stop
10. Find arrival for next three tracked vehicles.
11. Save alerts for a stop and agency.
12. Support French and Spanish.
1) Real-time ETA is available for service vehicles that are equipped with working GPS devices.
2) Stops must be serviced by transit agencies that are using NextBus RTPI system.
3) Where Transit agency is equipped with NextBus RTPI system.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used to be best bus app around
To start off I have owned this app for about 3 years and it has always been helpful and reliant. This app now has just either been not taken care of like how it used to be but now the bus scheduling times wont even be accurate. I see a bus that says it’s coming in 4 minutes but 12 minutes pass by and still no bus and if you favorite a specific bus stop it tells me different times from the nearby buses and the bus I favorited. Please consider getting this app back on point.
Used to work
Contrary to most reviewers, I’ve found that their bus data is the most accurate out of all the apps I use - however the app has completely stopped working for me!! It started with it crashing whenever I would try to tap a particular line to see more times, which was annoying but I could live with. I emailed them leaving feedback after updating the app didn’t fix it, but never heard back. Now the app completely doesn’t work for me. It keeps saying there are no stops within my selected distance, despite commuting from the same locations in Los Angeles as I always do. Their website information is still accurate, but not nearly as convenient to use. It’s such a shame because this was the best and most reliable app to use even with my city’s unpredictable buses, but now it’s completely useless. :(
It would be good if it was consistent
I use the app several times a week, but it’s difficult to rely on it when a bus suddenly falls off the list and reappears somewhat later.
This is especially problematic when a bus from over a mile away, that doesn’t come to the area, shows up on the list.
A useful enhancement would be to allow the app to signal the driver, so that they know where to stop when it’s dark.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.