Noa brings you the world’s best journalism, curated by editors and read aloud word-for-word by celebrated audiobook narrators.
It integrates into your busy routine and is the easiest way to understand and know more about the topics that matters most.
You can listen to Noa for free (with access to most publishers and occasional audio ads) or go Premium for unlimited, ad-free listening.
If you're sick of filter bubbles and biased information then Noa is for you. Our editorial team hand-pick the very best articles from the world's best publishers in order to provide you with multiple perspectives on the topics shaping the world.
TOP PUBLISHERS. ONE APP
Our partnering publishers include
• The Economist
• Financial Times
• The Washington Post
• Harvard Business Review
• The Telegraph
• The New York Times
• Fast Company
• MIT Technology Review
• Foreign Affairs
• The Independent
• The Conversation
• The Irish Times
• And more.
OUR EDITORIAL PRINCIPLES
1. Multiple Perspectives: Offer multiple perspectives from trusted sources and empower listeners to make up their own minds on where they stand on a topic.
2. Thought-provoking: Present audio articles that inform, inspire, and offer fresh insights, through both a global and a national lens. Focus on opinion, feature, and analysis articles.
3. Storytellers: Be storytellers and educators. Help our listeners understand global topics, and perspectives, while also telling the stories of the people behind the headlines.
4. Global Impact: Ensure coverage and raise awareness of important topics, regardless of a topics popularity or ability to drive “clicks”.
5. Fourth Estate: Uphold journalism’s values as a democratic check on power. And always celebrate great journalism.
6. Embrace Complexity: Encourage thought and avoid black and white explanations that aren't followed with depth. The world is complicated and can seldom be explained in minutes. Our goal is to help listeners navigate it.
Listening to the best journalism is a great way to learn and grow, especially when you don’t have time to read. Audio articles are produced and recorded daily by Noa’s talented voice actors – Sam Scholl, Adrienne Walker, Peter Hanly, Martin Buchanan, Les Smith, Grainne Brookfield, Jessie McGee, Jonathan Horne, and John Ross. They’re probably in the booth recording as you read this!
Like we said above, Noa is the easiest way to know more about the news that matters. And Series are the reason why. Each day, Noa’s editor’s select the very best audio articles and add them to topic-specific playlists. Every Series begins with a short explainer – written by a Noa editor – that provides valuable context on the subject at hand before you dive in. Within 20-30 minutes, you’ll walk away fully informed.
Along with the usual audio features, you’ll find: CarPlay, AirPlay, Offline Mode, Sleep Timer, Playback Speed Adjustment, an editable Article Queue, and Rewind and Fast-forward.
We know you expect more. That’s why the Noa app also offers:
• In-app chat (we respond quickly)
• My Stats to view your daily streak and listening stats
• Save, Download, and Follow
• Share – articles and Series
• Read Along
You can listen to the free tier of Noa without any need to pay. You’ll get a weekly article allowance and access to most of our publishers.
By choosing to support Noa with a monthly or annual subscription you’ll get unlimited, ad-free access to over 18k audio articles (and counting) from the world’s best publishers, including our Premium-only publications. We would love to welcome you as a member of Noa’s growing community.
COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
We’re real people, just like you and we take great care to protect your data. Noa does not share your data with others or allow advertisers to track you. Your data is used solely for the purpose of providing you with the best news, learning, and listening experience possible.
Have you tried out the new Home screen? Let us know what you think through out live chat messenger in the app!
This version contains the following updates:
- You can now load more Series in each category! Instead of just showing 20 series per category, each category will now continue to load more Series until you reach the end of the list
- Tapping "Play Series" on a Series will now give preference to that Series in your Series queue
- Updated logic for showing/ hiding the Series explainer card
- Updated logic for showing/ hiding the notification permission banner
- Remove the testimonial screen from the onboarding screens
- Fixed downloaded Series completion progress not updating when offline
- Fixed downloaded article listen progress not saving
- Fixed Series button incorrectly showing "Resume Series" when the Series explainer card is present
- Fixed some articles incorrectly showing "locked" image for Premium users
- Fixed Series intro article duration time
- Fixed empty Playlists section showing at the bottom of search results
We love getting feedback from Noa listeners! You can use the Chat to Us feature in the app or send your feedback to email@example.com, and who knows, the next app update could contain your desired feature.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app to learn about current affairs and business
Came across this app on a whim. It offers world class audio articles from top publishers like The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, The Washington Post, Business Insider, The Economist, The Financial Times, and loads more. Helps make my NY commute a bit easier. You can listen offline which is handy too. Well worth downloading and checking out. Very slick UI too.
Developer Response ,
Hi Chuck, thank you for your positive review. We're glad you're enjoying Noa and like the variety of publishers on offer.
If you have any further feedback or suggestions, for our editors or developers, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you from all at Noa.
Excellent, but not yet perfect
The “long-form journalism to audio” space is becoming increasingly crowded, and for good reason: it’s a service that many of us didn’t realize we wanted until we tried it! And now, after having spent a while comparing the three major competitors in the space that I could find—Noa, Curio, and Audm—I can say that Noa’s offering is the best of the bunch. Their customer service is incredibly responsive, too. It’s not a perfect app or service, as there are still several bugs and issues for them to work out, but overall, Noa is definitely one of my favorite finds of the past year or so.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for your review! It is great to hear that you think Noa is the best audio news offering! Our Editorial Team do their very best to curate and produce quality content that you want to hear. We will be releasing a new version of Noa very soon with lots of new features and bug fixes for you to look forward to. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, for our editors or developers, you can contact us at email@example.com. Thank you.
GREAT IDEA, But Execution needs work
There is a lot of low hanging fruit that can be improved pretty quickly. This is the app/service have been waiting/looking for since 2015. I love that it exists, but they need to get their high speed playback a bit better at being intelligible at higher speeds.
Seems like it’s also hard to have content you want from specific publishers organized automatically.
App doesn’t respond well to the play/pause button on my headphones (plays, but won’t pause).
It seems hard to resume an article where you left off. I think there’s a way to do it, but it’s not as straightforward as it ought to be.
I worry some of the organizational issues are by design, as a way of trying to foster certain behavior from users. I hope this is not the case. Maybe there is a different explanation, but as of now it seems like this app was not designed super users like me, ie, the people most likely to use and pay for it.
Developer Response ,
Hi npalumbo58, thanks for your review. We're delighted to have a super user like you and are glad that you get so much use out of Noa. Thanks for all your feedback also, it is very helpful. We'll make sure that our developers look into the bugs that you have raised. We are currently testing different audio formats to improve playback at higher speeds, you can expect some improvements here in the near future. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again if you have any further feedback for our editors or our developers, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NOA News Limited
- 143.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Noa News Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly Subscription $7.99
- Premium $9.49
- Premium Monthly Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.