This is the LITE version of Note Trainer with 9 exercises. The full version has 30 exercises as well as custom exercises.
Note Trainer is designed to help train your ability to read music. It is aimed at beginners, music students, musicians and anyone interested in musical reading. Note Trainer includes exercises reading musical notes and musical chords.
When an exercise is complete the users' statistics are saved allowing them to track their progress and easily return to areas that need more training. Note Trainer indicates when a user is ready to move on to the next exercise.
- Preset exercises for notes and chords
- Note Trainer guides you and instructs when you are ready to continue to new lessons
- Note Trainer supports English (B, Bb), German (H, B), and Solfége (Do, Re, Mi) notation
- Supports transposing instruments
- Answer by singing or playing an instrument (iPhone 5s and newer)
- Answer using MIDI device (*), virtual piano or answer buttons
- Visual feedback on virtual piano and note view
- Time challenge mode
- Studio sound quality
*) Using a MIDI-input device may require an Apple USB Camera Connection Kit
- Added menu to connect to a Bluetooth MIDI device
- Improved chord layout
- Improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
I really like that it is helps me identify the notes faster at my own pace.
Easy Beginner Drill
Can take this to a cafe or uninteresting Basketball game or seminar, when bored and really get used to the notes fast.
Just started playing with this app to improve sight reading— so far so good!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.