Beautifully simple. Simply the best note-taking app for Mac.
Take notes, create checklists, record audio, capture moments with Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Web and Mobile apps and a Web Clipper for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once cards is opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls the headline or page title of any link, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
We've brought mobile-inspired gestures to the Mac. Navigate Notebook without a single click.
- Hover over notebooks and note cards; two finger swipe for more information, or to lock or delete.
- Pinch in and out to open and close notebooks and note card groups.
- Use two fingers to flick through grouped note cards.
CUSTOMIZE & ORGANIZE
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own by simply dragging an image onto a notebook.
- Color code your notes by choosing from one of our pre-made colors, or by choosing your own.
- Organize note cards into notebooks; group note cards that go together.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
- Switch to a dark-themed Night Mode.
- Link related notes to one another.
- Favorite notes to find them quickly.
- Tag your notes to make them easily searchable and keep them organized.
FIND YOUR NOTES
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
- Search for objects within photos, text within photos, and more.
- Set reminders to stay on top of things.
- Create Public Notes with sharable links.
SYNC, SECURE & SEARCH
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Begin taking a note on one device, add to it from another later.
- Lock individual notes and notebooks with Touch ID or passcodes.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
Touch Bar runs through Notebook, providing contextual navigation options throughout the app.
- Change views and create note cards directly from the Touch Bar.
- Each note card comes with its own set of contextual Touch Bar options.
- Change notebook covers or note card colors from the Touch Bar.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
Another Notebook update is here, and it's a big one.
Notebook now supports multiple windows on Mac. You can choose a note card to open in a separate window, and open any number of Notebook windows. Right-click a note card to see an option to open it in a new window, or right-click the new note card creation icon to see an option to create a note card in a new window.
We're glad to let you know that you can now create tables in Text Cards. You can find an option to create a table in the editor toolbar across all platforms. In addition to creating a table, you can perform these basic table actions:
Insert a row above or below a row
Insert a column before or after a column
Delete a row or a column
We're pleased to inform you that the iOS counterpart has also an update where you can create tables in Text Cards.
MERGE NOTE CARDS
Merging your thoughts spread across multiple note cards into a single note card is much easier now. Notebook for Mac introduces an option to merge similar note cards together. You can either choose to delete the separate note cards or not after you've merged the notes. Please note that only similar note card types can be merged.
EXPORT NOTE CARDS
Your data is always yours. You can now export your Notebook data and store the backup where you like. Users without a Notebook account can multi-select their note cards and notebooks, and export it as a ZIP file. Users with a valid Zoho account can request to download their entire Notebook data, either in HTML or ZNote format. You'll receive an email with a download link once the export is complete. You can also import these files using the Notebook app.
Notebook requires you to use a passcode to keep your note cards and notebooks secure in Notebook. Registered Notebook users can reset their passcode online. Now, users who use Notebook app without any account can also reset their passcode. The app will now ask you to set up a few security questions when you set a passcode. You can answer those questions when you forget your passcode to reset it.
ALL THE EXTRAS
Choose from a variety of fonts installed on your Mac to use inside Notebook. If you'd like to use a particular font in Notebook, purchase that font, install the font on your Mac and set it as the "Editor Font" in your Notebook preferences.
Bookmark Cards now open inside the app: simply click the browser icon to open it in Safari. You can now choose to sort your notebooks and note cards differently. You can also choose from a wide range of filters in note cards and notebooks' views.
We'd love to get your feedback on Notebook for Mac. Write to us with any questions or feedback to email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Has the potential to be AMAZING!!!!
I’ve left Evernote because they left me first. So In searching for a replacement I was immediately drawn to the beautiful aesthetics of this app. Notebooks can have beautiful covers and you can design your own graphics and apply them to the netebook covers as well. The interface is very pleasing and the software has a very ZEN quality to it. You have a nice choice of coloring notes as well. The syncining is very fast considering I have over 100 notebooks that I imported from Evernote. It has a good Evernote import app that was recently added. That said there are a ton of functionailies that are still missing. For instance you can’t export your notes currently, in case you decide to no longer use the app. You can’t sort on the desktop version. You can only share one note. You can’t group notes. Your font selection is limited to one dedicated font you select in the preferences. The functionailites between iphone app and Mac version are not the same. So the choice is to wait patiently while these items are added to the app or find a different app to work with like One Note or Simple note. I’m just too addicted to the beauty of this app to give up on it - so I begrudgingly wait and it may take years. sigh…..
COLLEGE NOTE TAKING 101 THE BEST APP
So i LOOOOOOVE this app and recomend it to all my firends and almost all of my friends use this app off of recommendations. When you want to take notes and have it separete form Microsoft, google docs, or anything, you just want to have a noteboook thats not conected to anything just like on real life this is the place. It allows you to take notes from class in an even neater way than writing them out in real life and when you type so much eventually you pick up on how to type while blindfolded with no issues so if thats your concern… DW this is not an issue.
I use it or all my classes i have took in my undergraduate studies and now im trying to earn my masters degree and this is a very vital tool in how i got here.
one thing i would love for them to add onto this app is the feature to look up for certain words within a notecard, but after emailing the company i heard its underway so yay
and anther issue they didnt seem to be working on is allowing the notecards to have more than 15 images per card, i hpoe they fix that cause this would make it better than the sun!
eitherway if you are in college, high school, work that requires note-taking, Ive tried all apps and this is the place !
SO CLOSE! SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!
It's brilliantly simple and perfect way to organize everything - notes, documents, links, to do lists, reminders, all of it. The only thing that comes to mind that not just 'could' but NEEDS to be changed in order to make this perfect 5 stars, is better use of the TAGS!!! Make them easier to set for each note! Desktop, mobile, web, all the app versions are missing this. Then, once that is done, make it easier to FIND things by their TAG! That would be mega. There are so many great things about this app, but that is a crucial missing component. Yes, it's there, but it's not as fast an easy as creating a new note or opening a folder for a collection of notes vs pulling up a list of notes by tag.
All that aside, you should give this app a chance. I've used everything out there for years, searching and searching. Was quite surprised I liked this one so much that I'm acrtually continuing to use it and even writing a review for it! Never done that that I can recall. It looks simple and boring, when you start using it it doesn't seem all that special... keep going.
- Zoho Corporation
- 59.8 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.