Caution: if you don't want to train at least 4 days per week, do NOT download this app.
This app helps tracking your progress on the fitness program "nSuns 5/3/1 LP"
If you're as tired as me of d*cking around with excel spreadsheet / scribble notes when trying to track your progress on the nSuns 5/3/1 program: this is your app.
Some of the features include:
• easy tracking of your progress in the gym
• supports 4, 5 and 6 day nSuns 5/3/1 templates
• automatic programming of your workouts including weight progression and rep scheme
• accessory exercises
• rest timer
• easy training max calculation
• support of metric and imperial unit system
I did NOT design the program itself, only this app. Credit for the program goes to user /u/nSuns from reddit.com
For more information about the program please visit reddit.com/r/nSuns
If you want to contact me please write a direct message: reddit.com/u/jonnybeegod
This app was originally designed for myself as there was no considerable alternative app in the store which suited my needs. As time went by and this project became more and more mature I decided to hand it to the public as well. This app is free of charge, please know that hundreds of hours of my spare time was spent developing this app. So if you like this app, please leave a rating in the store as a form of payment.
• failing sets are no longer marked via swipe but via directly tapping the textfield
• fixed a bug where timer notifications could not be reactivated again
• added "new in this version" feature at app start. This can be toggled off in the settings
• added "always-on screen" functionality. This can be toggled off in the settings
• next rep max does no longer produce unrealistic numbers
• fixed more UI glitches
• added custom sound notifications which can be configured in the settings
• added export / import for backups. You can now share your backups and save them to your files or send them via email. This now makes it possible to easily migrate your data from one phone to another. Simply open the file on the other phone with the nSuns app to import the backup
Ratings and Reviews
Honestly cannot believe this is free.
Firstly, this is hands down better than most if not all premium workout apps out there. All you do is input some initial numbers when you first open the app, and then it keeps track and also progresses all your lifts for you weekly. I’m currently doing the 6-Day Deadlift program, and I’ve been using it every day for the past 5 weeks. If 6 days per week is too much for you, there are also 4 and 5 day options as well. This is the first time in years I’ve been motivated enough to gym consistently, and this app has been essential through it all. Huge thanks to this amazing app developer. I encourage everyone to donate through the app, because it is genuinely well deserved and worth the money.
One suggestion: If the app could somehow track the progression of other things, like accessories, body weight, etc, that would be unbelievable. Thanks again, and looking forward to your future updates and improvements!
No other program like it
I’m a (former) veteran hardgainer, but I’ve been working out seriously since I was a Junior in high school (about two years). I’ve tried a few other programs for 4-5 months at a time, always with gains in mass and strength but not quite as fast as most of my peers. However that all changed as soon as I started nSuns, specifically with this app. I put on 30lbs in three and 1/2 months, mostly in muscle, and joined the 1000lb club, and I’d credit most of that progress to this app. The developer did a great job with it in every way. There are virtually no glitches and the quality of the layout is better than some premium apps I’ve tried for other programs. Specifically I used the 6-day squat variant but changed around the order of the days to emphasize squat more. The program itself is weird af, but it works. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t start using this app two years ago.
This is easily the best workout program I've done. I've gotten the most gains I've ever had and I've had the most fun I've had doing it. I'm so glad I found this app because it's honestly improved my life by making me enjoy lifting for the first time in my life. And it's free to boot! However, I will be donating if possible (need to look).
There are only a few improvements I think would make it even that much better. It would be great if I could input a max weight for an accessory workout and have it set my sets and weights just like the second exercise. I also have issues with the countdown timer. If I leave the app and come back, the timer disappears when I come back in. There is also no alarm/beep sound for me when the timer hits zero.
- Jonas Reichert
- 29.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Copyright (c) 2019 Jonas Reichert
- In-App Purchases
- Coffee $1.99
- Beer $0.99
- Protein Shake $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.