OBD Fusion is an app for your car that allows you to read OBD2 vehicle data directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. You can clear your check engine light, create customized dashboards, read diagnostic trouble codes, estimate fuel economy, and much more! OBD Fusion is also available for Apple Watch!
Is your check engine light on? Do you want to monitor fuel economy and usage in your vehicle? Do you want cool looking virtual dashboards on your iPhone or iPad? If so, then OBD Fusion is the app for you! OBD Fusion is used by professional mechanics, do-it-yourself mechanics, and vehicle owners who want to monitor their vehicle and daily driving habits. Drive smarter, improve your fuel economy, and keep your engine healthy!
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have a Wi-Fi ELM327 compatible adapter, Veepeak BLE/BLE+ 4.0 adapter, Carista BLE adapter, OBDLink MX+, Tonwon BLE adapter, LELink BLE adapter, Viecar BLE adapter, Lonauto adapter, Vgate iCar Bluetooth 4.0, BAST BLE adapter, Kiwi 3 or 4, or compatible ELM327 Bluetooth LE adapter to use this app. OBD Fusion is not compatible with generic ELM Bluetooth scan tools. Checkout additional adapters here: https://www.obdsoftware.net/software/obdfusion
OBD Fusion supports all OBD2 and EOBD vehicles sold worldwide. If you're not sure whether your vehicle is OBD2 or EOBD compliant, see this page for more information: https://www.obdsoftware.net/support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-know-whether-my-vehicle-is-obd-ii-compliant/. OBD Fusion can also connect to some JOBD vehicles through advanced configuration in the app. Please contact us for more details.
Electric vehicles (EVs) are not required to have OBD2 diagnostics since they are emissions exempt. If you are interested in using OBD Fusion on an EV, contact us first to inquire about support.
OBD Fusion is brought to you by OCTech, LLC, the makers of TouchScan and OBDwiz. Now you can get the same great features for your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad!
OBD Fusion has a ton of features including:
- Read and clear emissions-related diagnostic trouble codes and your Check Engine Light (MIL)
- With our optional enhanced diagnostic add-ons, you can read and clear enhanced diagnostic trouble codes and fault lights on other modules such as ABS, SRS, etc. An enhanced diagnostic add-on is required for this functionality.
- Real-time dashboard display with fully customizable gauges
- Performance calculations for 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph track times
- Fuel economy MPG (US and UK), l/100km or km/l calculation
- Full diagnostic report that can be stored and emailed
- Real-time graphing of multiple signals
- Multiple trip meters
- Log data to CSV file and email CSV files
- Create custom enhanced PIDs
- Includes some built-in enhanced PIDs for Ford and GM vehicles
- Display Boost pressure in real-time
- Display Engine Horsepower and Torque
- Display calculated Air-to-fuel ratio
- Display battery voltage
- Read freeze frame data
- Fully customizable units including English, Imperial, and Metric units
- Real-time graphing
- Over 150 supported PIDs
- Displays vehicle information including VIN and calibration ID
- Emissions readiness for each US state
- Find out if your car will pass emissions inspection
- Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
- On-board Monitoring Tests (Mode $06)
- In-performance Tracking Counters (Mode $09)
- GPS tracking - plot vehicle parameters on a map in real-time
- Integrated iCloud and Dropbox functionality
- Available in English, Czech, French, Italian, Spanish and Greek
- Manufacturer specific Enhanced Diagnostics are available for certain vehicles through In-App purchases.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OBD Fusion for Apple Watch includes the following features:
- View statistics about your last trip
- View quick information about your vehicle
- See where you parked your car on the map
- Set parking meter time and easily check the time remaining on the parking meter
• Added Toyota enhanced diagnostics for 2021 Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
• Made improvements to the FCA enhanced diagnostic package.
• Fixed a bug in the FCA add-on that caused some temperature readings to display an incorrect value.
• Added time to the file name of exported settings and files.
• Removed support for the Automatic car adapter. Automatic shut down operations in May 2020, causing most adapters to stop functioning. Support is no longer available for this adapter, and we needed to remove support for it and move on. If you were using an Automatic adapter, feel free to reach out to us and we can recommend an alternative.
• Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing App for Scan Tool
I purchased the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner and this app plus its add-on for my vehicle family. This app recommended the Veepeak scanner. Its site recommended this app. It sounded like the perfect combination for an app-based scan tool, so I got them both. I couldn't be more pleased!
The scan tool, I think, is very good. It gathers the complete OBDII required data and, it appears, any extensions the vendor adds.
This app is infinitely configurable. It appears to be able to collect the full OBDII set and any and all vendor extensions. However, they may require the purchase of add-ons within the app.
There are two screens of "instruments" that come with the app. You can add more screens and instruments and fully customize them to display data the way you want to see it until you go blind. Looking into the settings, I can't imagine there's anything missed.
I'll also add another plug for this scanner/software pair. I believe the Veepeak is the only one for iOS that doesn't connect using Wi-Fi. It connects via Bluetooth LE. Also, you don't pair it. OBDFusion connects with it directly. This makes setup very easy and, more important, it leaves your Wi-Fi, cellular data and Bluetooth untouched and available! Very nice.
Good program, needs some work
This works well with my OBD2 dongle. The information seems accurate and helped me when buying a used car by showing me the error codes, which I showed the dealer. He then gave us a new battery based on the report with no change in the price of the car.
There are a few annoyance. It does not connect with the Bluetooth with out some finagling. Once the phone is turned off, it loses the connection. The data does not seem to be saved. Once I use it on another car, the data for the first car is lost (or I can’t find it). It “forgets” vehicles so I have to to re-enter the information when I change cars. It would be nice to be able to download the information to a desktop for storage.
Overall works well for diagnostic information but it would be nice to store each car’s information and be able to reference it later.
So I've edited my review an added 3 stars, and here is why: customer support and their ability to respond to reviews to address concerns, big plus here, it shows they are actively aware and engaged in making the app better. Second while you have to go through menus to activate them, there are additional PIDs for ford and gm. If those weren't available, this would of been a deal breaker for me. Third, the app is updated regularly and looks modern with digital readout gauges.
Overall as long as it proves to be as accurate as dash command I'll make the switch.
One thing I would like to see in the future is min max values on the digital read out gauges in addition to current values.
Developer Response ,
OBD Fusion doesn't have enhanced diagnostics for GM, but it does have some GM specific PIDs that you can import including knock. Open Settings > User-Defined PIDs and press Menu > Import built-in PIDs.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OCTECH LLC
- 126.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 OCTech, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ford 2006 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2005 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2004 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.