“The Story You’re About to Hear is True.”
These words were first uttered on June 3, 1949 when Dragnet came to the air as an Old Time Radio drama starring Jack Webb, who to that point had been known for playing cop-baiting hard boiled radio private detectives.
Dragnet treated the police with respect and added an element of realism that has shaped every crime drama since.
* PDF Handbooks for the show
* Downloadble Wallpaper
* Access to exclusive bonus content
* Call the Show from your iPhone
* Email the show your questions and comments
* Follow the show on Twitter
Adam Graham began The Old Dragnet Show began in March 2007 with the goal of posting every Old Time Radio episode of Dragnet from the first episode in existence from June 1949 to the final show in September 1955. Adam adds one new Dragnet episode a week to recreate the anticipation of a brand new episode every week. Occasionally, another Webb Old Time Radio production will be thrown in as a bonus to listeners.
Adam is your guide on each show, providing his idiosyncratic everyman commentary, sharing listener feedback and answering questions as he goes. The shows do feature original public service announcements, but most of the original cigarette ads have been removed.
(Please note, not all features are available for all episodes. Call-in feature is only available on iPhone but not the iPad or iPod Touch)
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
The App has been re-designed from the ground up and it's OH SOOOO much better looking with much easier functionality and accessibility!
Here are some of the super star updates!
- Car mode! Rotate your phone to display larger playback controls.
- The main menu and playback settings are now accessible via a slide out from the upper left corner button.
- Improved access to episode sorting features and the episode Star and Download options.
- Improved display of episodes, artwork, and post file type.
- Show contact features can now be accessed via the main menu or the upper right corner while viewing an episode.
- Its just prettier… who doesn't want pretty?
Please provide any bug reports via the troubleshooting button found under contact via the main menu.
We hope you love the spiffy new look and features!
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been waiting for this one!
I’m a big fan of Adam’s Great Detectives podcast and have listened to his Dragnet podcast online. I’ve been hoping for some time that we’d get a good app for Dragnet, and here it is. Download it today—you won’t be sorry!
A Time Capsule
Although anything can be improved, I am giving 5 Stars for the concept of preserving old time radio with the kind of quality that would make the original creators proud. Dragnet is a piece of American history with real life and very entertaining police stories from the 1940s - 1950s, and Adam Graham does a wonderful job of presenting them in high quality, with commentary, emails, and limited commercials. Although the audio quality needs improvement in the first season, it does improve greatly over time. Most importantly, this podcast from 5+ years ago will still play here from the beginning to the end. As a dedicated podcast app, it does it's job very well, offering the modern features most of us are used to - downloads, adjustable speed, a sleep timer, show notes, sorting, and remembering where you left off and played / unplayed episodes. For what it is, it's incredible. I only have a couple complaints. You can select played / unplayed in settings, but I would like to be able to edit this right from the episode via tap or long press. Also, the TV / video episodes are not playing as of Jan 2019. This is ok, but if unavailable, please remove them from the app so they do not pollute the unplayed list with unplayable content. Also, there is a small tabs glitch. I like to leave my app on Unplayed, but when I restart the app, it defaults to Played. Also, I would like it if bluetooth fwd/back buttons would advance the user selected seconds rather than the entire episode. Thanks, Wizard, and I hope you keep this app going !!
This the best App what great service
The developer, Wizzard Media, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wizzard Software
- 33.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009 Wizzard Media
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.