Two-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are in-app purchases, with discounts for people who bought earlier versions of OmniFocus for Mac through the Mac App Store. Or you can get OmniFocus for iOS, Mac, and web for just one price with the OmniFocus Subscription. Download the app for details.
Use OmniFocus to accomplish more every day. Create projects and tasks, organize them with tags, focus on what you can do right now — and get stuff done.
OmniFocus — now celebrating 10 years as the trusted, gold-standard to-do list app — brings unrivaled power and flexibility to your Mac, making it easy to work the way you want to work.
OmniFocus manages everything in your busy life. Use projects to organize tasks naturally, and then add tags to organize across projects. Easily enter tasks when you’re on the go, and process them when you have time. Tap the Forecast view — which shows both tasks and calendar events — to get a handle on your day. Use the Review perspective to keep your projects and tasks on track.
Then let our free syncing system make sure your data is the same on every Mac. (And on OmniFocus for iOS and Web, available separately.) Because your data is encrypted, it’s safe in the cloud.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• NEW: Tags add a powerful additional organizing tool. Create tags for people, energy levels, priorities, locations, and more.
• NEW: The Forecast view shows your tasks and calendar events in order, so you can better see what’s coming up in your day.
• NEW: Enhanced repeating tasks are easier than ever to set up — and they work with real-world examples such as the first weekday of the month.
• NEW: The Modern, fresh-but-familiar design helps you focus on your content.
• Inbox is where you quickly add tasks — save them when you think of them, and organize them later.
• Syncing supports end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe wherever it’s stored, on our server or yours.
• Notes can be attached to your tasks, so you have all the information you need.
• Attachments — graphics, video, audio, whatever you want — add richness to your tasks.
• View Options let you customize each perspective by deciding what it should show and how it should filter your tasks.
• The Review perspective takes you through your projects and tasks — so you stay on track.
• OmniFocus Mail Drop adds tasks via email and works with services like IFTTT and Zapier (if you’re using our free syncing server).
• The Today Widget shows you your most important items — you don’t even have to switch to the app to know what’s up.
• Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste lets you automate using URLs.
Pro features make OmniFocus even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Custom perspectives help you create new ways to see your data by filtering and grouping projects and tags. NEW: The filtering rules are simpler to use while being more powerful than ever, letting you combine rules with “all,” “any,” and “none.” You can also choose any image to use as your custom perspective’s icon, and a custom tint color to go with it.
• NEW: Today’s Forecast can include items with a specific tag, and you can reorder those tasks however you choose, so you can plan your day better.
• The customizable sidebar lets you organize your perspectives the way you want to, for super-fast access.
• The Today Widget shows a perspective of your choice in Notification Center.
• AppleScript support opens up a world of automation, using Apple’s Mac scripting language.
Download OmniFocus right now and start your free trial! The app includes a manual, and there’s plenty more documentation on the website.
If you have feedback or questions, our Support Humans would love to hear from you! Send email to email@example.com, call us at at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or reach us on Twitter at @omnifocus.
Subscription Terms of Service: https://www.omnigroup.com/legal
OmniFocus 3.10 for Mac introduces support for macOS 11 Big Sur. This release is a macOS Universal app, which can run natively on both Apple Silicon Macs and Intel-based Macs.
• macOS Big Sur — OmniFocus has been fully updated for compatibility with macOS Big Sur.
• macOS Universal App — OmniFocus now runs natively on both Apple Silicon Macs and Intel-based Macs.
• Omni Automation [PRO] — OmniFocus now recognizes simple plug-ins that use the .omnifocusjs file extension.
• App Icon — App icon has been updated to feel at home on macOS Big Sur.
• Omni Automation [PRO] — Omni Automation has been updated with improved security and per-script approval for external scripts.
• Notes — Fixed a bug that could cause text entered after a URL to be appended to the hyperlink instead of added as plain text.
• Forecast — Changes to the Forecast tag are now immediately displayed in the Forecast outline.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good Complement to Reminders
I've been using Omnifocus since v2. It's come a long way but it is still a bit unweildy. It's full of features targeted OCD task managers, but it would be well served by a more user-friendly version.
- I like the Forecast view and integration with Apple calendar.
- I like the use of folders and tags to organize tasks.
- The review feature is a good way to remember task that you have forgotten about.
Some good features would be
- A "today" button on the Calendar widget instead of the hard to press tiny dot.
- A dedicated URL field for tasks that completed by opening a link. Think "read this web artice" or complete this task using the notes in the link,etc.
- The application is solid, but I occasionally have sync issues with perhaps task completed on my phone show as pending in the Mac app.
- Sometimes I'll be prompted for the omnisync password severaltimes in a row. It isn't often, but it's annoying when it happens.
A Must Have For Productivity!
I recently upgraded from OmniFocus 2 to OmniFocus 3. At first I was a bit disappointed. Stylistically the app doesn’t look much different than the previous version until after a few days later when I realized that there is so much under the hood. In fact it is a brand new an incredibly powerful productivity tool that has maintained the same familiarity that its users have grown accustomed to, while adding tremendous amount of power and flexibility, so much so that I would say whether you follow GTD or any other system, or you want to make your own OmniFocus can support that. The note field is absolutely incredible. You can add an email and it would display as if you are viewing it in your email client. Tags are incredibly powerful and easy. Custom perspectives can organize your data however you like to view it . While you can customize the app to such degree that it no longer looks like when you first got it, it is incredibly powerful and useful right out of the box. Another feature that I absolutely love is the Review Perspective which is so unique to OmniFocus and not offered by any other productivity app on the market. I can keep writing but all of this is a testament to the OmniGroup for their ability and understanding of how to make us more productive while enjoying the process. Many, many Thanks!!!
learning curve is worth it
This isn't your typical "to do list" app, though you can use it like one if you want. Think of Omnifocus as a master database of *everything* you need to do across all your areas of responsibility -- but with tools that help you work in managable chunks. And yes, that means if you want to make a to-do list you totally can, but you can also create meaningful contexts for your todos so you see (and do) them within the bigger picture.
It takes a little time to get all this set up to your liking, but their onboarding tutorials and videos are very helpful. And once it is all running, it's so helpful to have all your tasks in one place instead of spread out among multiple apps, emails, notebooks etc. Having this trusted system certainly made my life run more smoothly once I had it set up.
Oh, and if you're wondering about the strength of Omni's built-in sync service, I've been using it for years with consistently great results. Easily on par with the reliability of Dropbox or iCloud.
- The Omni Group
- 74.5 MB
macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2020 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial
- OmniFocus Subscription $9.99
- Free Trial
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.