The Onkyo Remote Control App is an official Onkyo application for iPhone/iPod touch letting you intuitively operate Onkyo network A/V products. Available as a free download, it is compatible with all network-capable Onkyo A/V receivers as well as some network-ready produts released during or after 2010.
Functions Enabled by Onkyo Remote2
(1) Internet radio operation. Stations are touchscreen selectable, with no need to view a TV display;
(2) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. Your iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server;
(3) General remote control and playback functions;
(4) Volume-control function;
(5) Information including station frequency displayed when listening to radio. (Note: available only on A/V products with a built-in radio tuner);
(6) Stream music stored on iPod touch/iPhone wirelessly. (Added capability to play music stored on compatible iPod touch/iPhone models on 2012-model Network AV Receivers.)
(7) Compatible with Spotify (depends on region)
(8) FLAC, DSD, and Apple Lossless playback capability via Home Media Function (depends on model)
Compatible iPhone/iPod touch Models: iPhone 3GS or later, running iOS 5.0 or later; iPod touch 3rd generation or later.
Compatible Onkyo Products:
・All Network A/V Receivers released in 2010 - 2014.
・T-4070 Network Tuner
・CR-N755 Network Hi-Fi Mini System
・TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver
(All models require a firmware update.)
Enjoy the new world of audio convenience with this free app.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Useless as a remote most of the time
After updating my receiver hardware, making sure the latest firmware is installed, giving the receiver a static IP, hard-wiring it to the network, I've decided Onkyo just makes a terrible network-connected receiver and/or app. Most of the time the app can't locate the receiver. It seems it has to be unplugged and plugged back in to come back. If this is poor app programming or poor firmware / status monitoring on the receiver side I don't know.
I'm happy to announce that this app is a money saver since my Onkyo remote volume control stop working now I have full control via my iPhone and other than that my home theater system functions well true this app highly recommend not sure what happened to the person with the negative review.
I wish it worked
One of the reason I upgraded my receiver was to be able to control it wih an app via wifi. I tried and tried to get this to work. Uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, meesed with my networks settings, firewall...etc. No go. Waste of time and I wish I could send back my Onkyo receiver.
The developer, Onkyo Home Entertainment Corporation, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Onkyo Home Entertainment Corporation
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Onkyo Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.