Orchid Album makes keeping track of your orchids easy. Track development of your plants throughout their lives, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch!
Whether you're new to orchids, or an experienced collector, Orchid Album is the ideal tool for organizing your plants, watering schedules, and notes.
Please note that Orchid Album does not come preloaded with any photos, nor does it include any plant care information and so forth. It only tracks information and displays photos you’ve added yourself.
Here's what you can do with Orchid Album:
- Record details about your plants, including botanical name, hybrid names, flowering details, fragrance, dimensions, and watering needs.
- Select from over 500 botanical names (with over 100 genera), or add new names.
- Track watering schedules for multiple plants, with local notifications.
- Track flowering, fertilizing, and other events for every plant in dated log entries.
- Create and edit log entry reminders linked to your calendar.
- Add and rearrange multiple photos per plant and log entry.
- Add text captions for each photo.
- Scroll through photos in a full-screen gallery view, or in thumbnail form.
- View your collection in table form, or by image.
- View the log history for each plant, sorted by date.
- Review statistics for your collection.
- Protect your data with a passcode lock.
- Database backup, restore, import and export over WiFi to your computer's web browser.
- Transfer the complete database between devices (iPad / iPhone / iPod) over WiFi via Orchid Album ODBI-format support.
- Supports iTunes file-sharing to transfer the database between device and computer.
- CSV format support to import / export your Orchid Album database to and from desktop spreadsheet applications.
- Orchid Report export feature. View your collection on your computer’s web browser. Great for keeping track of your collection for inventory or insurance purposes.
- iPad support at no extra charge!
Please visit http://andrewnicolle.com/all_apps/orchidalbum for more information about Orchid Album, including contact details to ask questions, request features, or report any issues. Join the Facebook page to discuss Orchid Album with other fans.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Very handy and easy to use
I’ve been using this app for several years in conjunction with the PC version. I find it easier and faster to do the data entry on the PC and then back it up to my iPhone app. It’s very easy to add genera, species and hybrids to the database. Very handy to have at shows to avoid buying duplicates.
I do not use the watering schedule because I have over 800 orchids and a full time job. Plus they are all watered the same so keeping track of this isn’t useful to me anyway. For easy access to your entire collection along with photographs, this app is well worth the very small investment.
I absolutely love this app. Once you figure out how to use it, it is simple. Take the time to figure it out! I wanted an app that I could sync to my computer and this fits the bill. Enjoy the convenience of making entries, as I see changes, directly to my phone. Also great communication if you need help.
Instead of reinventing the wheel, I thought I would try this app. It is helpful, and I am using it, but it is a little confusing. For example I accidentally deleted the watering scheduler as I tried to correct a typo. Also, I don’t think the program is very intuitive so someone who doesn’t know how to use computers very well should skip this app.
I wish the database had more genera and species.
Corrections are not easy.
This app needs more work. But it gets the job done, so I will use it until something better comes along.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.