Create a Free Account to use the app
◆ TAKE YOUR OUTLY MAPS INTO THE FIELD ◆
Boost your outdoor experiences with fast, detailed digital maps at your fingertips. Transform your phone or tablet into a more capable GPS device. See your GPS location on the map even when you’re off the grid and without Wi-Fi or cell service. Toggle layers and customize your map offline to get better insights as you navigate.
◆ CURRENT VERSION FEATURES AND MAP LAYERS ◆
• Interactive Maps - Turn on layers to customize your map.
• Detailed Street and Satellite base maps.
• Camping - Dispersed Camping, Campgrounds. Filter sites on the map and select a camp icon to see details about specific sites and camping areas. Toggle the Dispersed Camping Areas layer to identify roads to explore for potential campsites.
• Water - Swimming Holes, Stream Flows, Waterfalls, Springs.
• Land - Color-coded Public Land, Wilderness and Roadless Area boundaries.
• Trails & Roads - Color-coded National Forest and BLM segments with allowed use and open dates.
• Wildlife - Range, concentration and migration areas for big game animals (CO, WY, MT, ID, UT, NV).
• Hunt Units - Detailed hunt unit boundaries for all species (CO, WY, MT, ID, UT, NV, NM).
• Terrain - Terrain Slope shading and USGS Topo Contours.
• Cell Coverage - Coverage maps for mobile providers.
• My Places - Your custom points are automatically sync’d between the mobile app and your website map account. You can share custom points with other Outly users.
• Tap map features for detailed info.
◆ HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE OUTLY APP ◆
1. Plan your trip by viewing layers and features on the map.
2. Create and share some points for your outing.
3. Download your offline map region in the app.
4. Head off-grid and into the backcountry.
5. Navigate with your maps, layers and points.
◆ OFFLINE MAP RESOLUTIONS ◆
• High - 10x10 mile region, maximum detail (able to see individual trees on Sat imagery, 40' contours on topo)
• Normal - 40x40 mile region, medium detail (able to see variations in forest, grass, dirt/rock areas, 200' contours on topo)
For feedback or to report an issue, please reach out to us at: email@example.com
Better selection of features on the map. Submit feedback in the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic Offline Navigation
I recently went on a camping trip in Colorado’s Collegiate Peaks and did a lot of hiking and trail running.
I used the web app to pick out some potential dispersed campsites and created points that synced with the mobile app. I downloaded offline maps of the areas I planned to be and they were super helpful to locate campsites and find new trails. From the web app I knew the cell coverage was pretty spotty so I didn’t have to worry about checking for a signal to load a map which was a huge stress relief.
This app has a lot of potential. I’m hoping for more trail coverage. Can’t wait to see what’s next!
Great for knowing property boundary.
I used The App on my phone connected to a BadElf GPS for fall 2019 deer hunting, the app is pretty straight forward and has nice features for saving maps for offline use, and integrated seamlessly to an external GPS receiver on Bluetooth. For my purposes already knowing the area I was hunting it was nice for property line reference, and will be very helpful on future hunts!
Needs some polish but good!
Comparing this to onX as seen in their advertising, they are missing two this I would like. A search function, to find roads, mountains, landmarks etc. and they are missing individual property owner info. The mapping appears good and the extra features like cell coverage, terrain coloring, and wildlife locations are awesome! I will compare the two when I go hunting this year and see what happens.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback and glad you found our extra layers useful! We have search and private land owner data on our roadmap as we continue to add features in the app. We look forward to hearing back from you after your hunts.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.